PDA

View Full Version : Pad fly off?

mad666max_
04-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Hello, i have a G110v2 and I detailed my car last weekend. It's the 3rd time i use the DA and for the 1st time, the pad flyed off a couple of time...i'm using meg's pads (cutting(7") and polishing(6.5")) it was worse with the cutting pad. looks like the pad was not holding to the back plate very well. I was on speed setting 4. when i was doing some tight curves or edges or when i washed the pad on the fly, it would come off. after a pad fell on the ground, i picked up a brand new one and the same thing happened.

why is this happening? I got pissed at the end...

Tom Weed
04-25-2011, 07:39 AM
What condition is the velcro on your backing plate in? Make sure it doesn't have a bunch of polish build up on it and it's clean.

SeaJay's
04-25-2011, 07:57 AM
What size backing plate are you using? I've had this happen with my pads getting too hot and the glue for the velcro came loose and the pad went flying.

mad666max_
04-25-2011, 09:00 AM
there was some product on the backing plate, i wiped it off(well, tried to, hard to clean the velcro).
i'm using the stock backing plate (W68DA) and it's in good shape, like i said i used the machine 3 times

Tom Weed
04-25-2011, 10:09 AM
little soapy water and a soft brush or old tooth brush will clean them off. It sounds as if you may need to use a smaller pads around those edges or curves. Always keep the pad as flat as possible and use slower speeds which is sounds like you did and keep the pad flat against a surface when turning on and off.

Also, if the pad gets too saturated with product, this can happen as well, time to change pads.