PDA

View Full Version : Taking off Dealers Sticker

Pages : [1] 2 3

shrtbull
04-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Has any body taken the dealer sticker off their car? How do you do it?

Thanks
Gary

Rei86
04-24-2011, 08:08 PM
You just take it off?

Its usually a clear vinyl sticker that can be taken off like any other sticker that you've faced in your lifetime. Afterward you can you use a product like Goof Off or Goo Gone to take off the adhesive residue that's left behind.

shrtbull
04-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Do you have to heat them up?

James K
04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Usually no. However if they are old it might help. A hair dryer is usually sufficient for this.

dad07
04-24-2011, 08:32 PM
If its a vinyl sticker then some heat will help in its removel.

If its a badge type then some fishing line may be in order to remove.

Either way its not that hard and some adheasive remover may be needed to clean up the residue.

poweraid
04-24-2011, 09:14 PM
i just completly removed vinyl graphics on sides of two vehicles, im talking full length. i did start out with a little heat but then noticed it left more adhesive residue on the paint, than not heating it up fully. so i just heated the edge up to where i could catch it with my fingernail and pulled it off. yes it did break at times, but then i just started over again. after graphics were removed of course there was a lot of wax build up around where the graphic was. i then used plasti-kote wax and grease remover to rid of all the leftover adhesive that did not come off with the graphics. it took some rubbing but i got off all the adhesive. i could not even tell that the graphics were there and they were on for 2 plus years. i did proceed to use an aio and then topped with collinite.

Silverstone
04-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Each time I bought a new car I told the guy that if there's a sticker on it when I get here I won't take delivery of it.

I got some funny looks, but no stickers. ;)

I don't see why anyone would give them free advertisement, or why they think we should.

ScottB
04-26-2011, 05:54 PM
dental floss works well for emblem style dealer badges, and a little 3M Wax/Adhesive Remover gets rid of any final sticky tape.

Dr Oldz
04-27-2011, 01:29 AM
dental floss works well for emblem style dealer badges, and a little 3M Wax/Adhesive Remover gets rid of any final sticky tape.

Never thought of that. Nice tip! :props:

Swimmer
04-27-2011, 06:17 AM
:dblthumb2:I agree with you 100% Silverstone. I never let a dealer put his sticker on my car, new or old.

That said, I have taken my share of them off and have had no problems. Never had to use heat, but just take it slow.

ryankokesh
05-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Each time I bought a new car I told the guy that if there's a sticker on it when I get here I won't take delivery of it.

I don't see why anyone would give them free advertisement, or why they think we should.

Haha, I've always said the same exact thing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waxman1
05-14-2011, 05:52 PM
yes,i take the striping/lettering of squad cars. its a pain,but its makes money.

maximus20895
05-14-2011, 06:36 PM

Isn't this the same thing with a brand on your monitor, phone, and almost everything else..

dougaross
05-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Isn't this the same thing with a brand on your monitor, phone, and almost everything else..

No. I don't mind if it says Audi or even Ford. I do mind when it has the dealers name. My monitor does not say Walmart on it.

tcfatboys
05-31-2011, 11:57 PM
You can use a solvent / auto magic has a really nice solvent product that will help you a lot.

And also there is an drill attachment of ruber / specially to remove all type's of decal's
i purchase mine at a body shop supply. Back in l.a

that thing work's fine / you can use either one
the auto magic solvent come's only in a one gallon / aluminum can. The no.#40 i think is the code for it