PDA

View Full Version : Those who use hyper dressing on wheels wells, question...

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
04-24-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm going back to HD after using bare bones and all season, I don't like the way they dry.

What dilution ratio with HD looks good on wheel wells? Not too glossy, yet not too dull...

dad07
04-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Mark I use it 3:1 for wheel wells and on tires for my fleet vehicals..leaves a satin finish that I like.......now for clients cars Hd 3:1 on wells and opti-bond 1:1 on tires. hope this helps with your question.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Mark I use it 3:1 for wheel wells and on tires for my fleet vehicals..leaves a satin finish that I like.......now for clients cars Hd 3:1 on wells and opti-bond 1:1 on tires. hope this helps with your question.
Thanks, Tim. I was thinking 3:1, too.

Why do you use OB on clients tires instead of HD?

Garry Dean
04-24-2011, 07:41 PM

:props:

dad07
04-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks, Tim. I was thinking 3:1, too.

Why do you use OB on clients tires instead of HD?

Mark I feel opti-bond on the tires last longer and for clients (customers) cars thats what I look for! The small fleet that I service they are not concerned about longevity just looks at the moment when its picked up.....don't get me wrong HD has lasted on vehicals as long as opti-bond but with a lot of veriables...If this makes sense.

I hae used Hd at all recomended dillution ratios and 3:1 seems to be my fav!

The Fleet that I service belongs to the company I now work for,its small ,7 vehicals to be exact and I have full run on testing products with these trucks.....which is good because I see them on a daily basis.

D_Nyholm
04-24-2011, 08:33 PM
I use it at 2:1 or 3:1 on wet wells and it comes out nice and satin looking. On tires, I've used it at the same dilution or straight. When I used it straight, it was some of the shiniest tire shine I've used in a while. It also lasted almost 2 weeks which I think is decent for a water based, cheap dressing.

Dr Oldz
04-24-2011, 08:44 PM
I have been useing it about 3.5 - 1 on plastic wheel wells. It give that nice clean look that I'm after, especially on suv's. Seems to "dry better" at this ratio for less dust collection. Once water hits it tho, it's pretty much gone. I like the Sonus for durability and when I do rear axles on pickups and suv's.

dad07
04-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I have been useing it about 3.5 - 1 on plastic wheel wells. It give that nice clean look that I'm after, especially on suv's. Seems to "dry better" at this ratio for less dust collection. Once water hits it tho, it's pretty much gone. I like the Sonus for durability and when I do rear axles on pickups and suv's.

Hmmmmmmmm Sonus, never gave a thought. Looks like another I may have to try!

Thanks alot Dr. LOL, more money to spend!!

Jeff120
04-24-2011, 10:01 PM
LOL Mark take a look at this other thread you started!
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/32111-those-who-use-hyper-dressing-tires-question.html

Dr Oldz
04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/32111-those-who-use-hyper-dressing-tires-question.html

Mark changes his mind on products by the minute... As do I. Lol. Not a bad trait, Mark..... Just always striving for perfection!!!

sal329
04-25-2011, 07:23 AM
I also use it at 3:1

WRAPT C5Z06
04-25-2011, 09:56 AM
LOL!!! I forgot about that thread! :embarrassed:

sullysdetailing
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
I use it 1:1

If you do not wipe it it will be glossy, if you let it sit for a minute or two then wipe you will get semi-gloss

WRAPT C5Z06
04-25-2011, 11:55 AM
I don't feel Sonus darkens the wheel wells nearly enough.

DLB
04-25-2011, 01:00 PM
3:1. Don't want them shiny at all, I want them NOT to stand out.

Glad you posted this, I need to order me some HD...I am fresh out of the sample you sent me. :xyxthumbs:

DLB