PDA

View Full Version : What Shop vac?????

AfireINSIDE
01-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Ok need a wet/dry around 5-6 gallon size to fit in the trunk of my Mitsu Evolution, Contractor grade motor. I saw this online but I dont know about the brand, any idea if this is a good one???? its 5 gal, 5.5 hp motor. What do you think? any other advice on specific models? thanks.

abrcrombe
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Shop Vac is a good brand. A lot of people like Rigid from Home Depot. Lifetime warranty with their vacuums (I don't know about other powertools). I just bought the 4 gal. 5 hp model and I like it a lot.

AfireINSIDE
01-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Ahhhh I like the life time I will look into them! thanks just the inside info I wanted!

MikeyC
01-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Personally, I've been drooling over the Rigid wet/dry vac that looks like a tool box. The hose and all the attachments fit in a compartment for easy transportation. It has pretty much the same specs as the vac you mentioned, but costs about $100. IMO the $30 is worth it for the ease of transportation.

abrcrombe
01-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Well I got the one that is 70 bucks. The thing is I wanted the "pro" model hose and that won't fit in the tool box. People say that hose makes any rigid a whole nother beast. Don't ask me how... I don't know ;)

Jimmie
01-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Just got the Ridgid 4.5 gal./5 hp that looks like a toolbox. Love it, but here's the deal. It comes with a big 7' hose that fits in one end of the vac. for travel, but that hose is only long enough to carry the vac from door to door. A $20 accessory to that vac is the 11' hose which is great to use ( a little lighter than the one it comes with ). This hose is too long to be stored in the compartment on the vac. I paid $100 for mine at Home Depot. If I had to do it again I would probably get the 4 gal./ 5 hp Ridgid. It's slightly smaller, same motor, and approx. $70. Save $30 there and then get the 11' hose for $20. The 11' hose and attachment are made by Rigid and called "auto detail" kit.

qadsan
01-03-2007, 11:05 PM
This isn't the vac you're looking for, but it might be a good choice for the home.

Sears item #00917066000 Mfr. model #17066

It's a large 6.5 HP wet/dry shop vac (lots of power). The other cool thing about it is that the vacuum motor assembly is also a removable portable handheld blower which is great for drying off your car or blasing water from nooks and crannies in your engine, etc. I do not own this vac, but I ran across it online and thought it was kind of interesting. Combine this with an extractor nozzle and you might also have a pretty effective carpet cleaner.

R1DC2
01-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Ok need a wet/dry around 5-6 gallon size to fit in the trunk of my Mitsu Evolution, Contractor grade motor. I saw this online but I dont know about the brand, any idea if this is a good one???? its 5 gal, 5.5 hp motor. What do you think? any other advice on specific models? thanks.

I have that kind but a 4.5 hp... Trust me, for something that small, and with 4.5 hp, thats all you need. I had a 6 hp one, but it had too much suction that it sucks up the floormats, lol. :p
So instead i bought this ShopVac Brute... Looks nicer too!

I got it at my local WalMart Im the MAN
http://www.shopvac.com/images_products/5872427.jpg

ScottB
01-04-2007, 07:23 AM
gentleman ... the links are massive in quantity in this post, and not allowed. Please reserve linking to AG products only. We carry a direct competitors product, and while more expensive, clearly worth its weight in gold for those of us that have actually used them.

Seek Metro Vacs (http://www.autogeek.net/metvaccleanc.html)...

turbos17
01-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Sears Wet and Dry for me!

AfireINSIDE
01-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Ya I just got a sears membership ad that has it for 49.99 gettin one on the 7th when i\the sale starts