PDA

View Full Version : Croftgate USA products≥... have you guys tried them?

rivaladversary
04-24-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm a little curious. I currently use Optimum No Rinse and I love it. However, I came to this video by accident and I like how they just use a regular, cheap microfiber towel. What do you guys think? Have you guys tried any of their products?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCQDe4ODDBg&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - CroftgateUSA Wash & Wax Muddy Car 2.31sec..wmv[/video]

Here's a video of someone who thinks it's supposedly better than ONR. I just bought a 128 oz of ONR but I don't mind trying this product I guess once ONR is out.

- CroftgateUSA Rinseless Wash and Wax-1

JonMiles
04-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Croftgate products are definitely not bad. I did enjoy using their Aquanil-X and their Multi-clean. Both did the job well and I wouldn't mind using them again, but the price is steep when compared to products like Ultima Waterless Wash Plus or Megs APC+ for doing the same jobs. One thing I will compliment Croftgate on is their willingness to listen to consumers and do anything they can to help them have a good experience with their products. Frank, the guy in the first video, actually called me on my cell phone when he heard I had a bad experience with their product and convinced me to give it another shot but to try a few things differently in my process. It made a huge difference and I was impressed the second time around.

ONR is a product that is going to be hard to compete with in terms of ease of use and economical price. And the guy in the video saying the Cobra Towels are no better than some walmart towels probably doesn't know the difference between a swirl and a squirrel.

rivaladversary
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM
yea, i agree with the price difference. 20 dollars for a bottle that looks really small is definitely steep. i looked at their website and they for some reason did not show how many oz. their no rinse product is.

Elite Pro
04-24-2011, 01:37 PM
And the guy in the video saying the Cobra Towels are no better than some walmart towels probably doesn't know the difference between a swirl and a squirrel.
:laughing:

Shawn T.
04-24-2011, 01:37 PM
That second video is mine and you forgot the second part! :xyxthumbs:

I do like their products and find them a cut above the rest in terms of ease of use and ability to be used in the hot sun.

Besides that, I won't go into anymore but feel free to PM me for more info!

JonMiles
04-24-2011, 01:39 PM
yea, i agree with the price difference. 20 dollars for a bottle that looks really small is definitely steep. i looked at their website and they for some reason did not show how many oz. their no rinse product is.

Looks like a 32 oz bottle to me. If you look at it in quantity/price...1 gallon ONR about $40, 1 gallon Croftgate $80.

Shawn T.
04-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Croftgate products are definitely not bad. I did enjoy using their Aquanil-X and their Multi-clean. Both did the job well and I wouldn't mind using them again, but the price is steep when compared to products like Ultima Waterless Wash Plus or Megs APC+ for doing the same jobs. One thing I will compliment Croftgate on is their willingness to listen to consumers and do anything they can to help them have a good experience with their products. Frank, the guy in the first video, actually called me on my cell phone when he heard I had a bad experience with their product and convinced me to give it another shot but to try a few things differently in my process. It made a huge difference and I was impressed the second time around.

ONR is a product that is going to be hard to compete with in terms of ease of use and economical price. And the guy in the video saying the Cobra Towels are no better than some walmart towels probably doesn't know the difference between a swirl and a squirrel.

Well, I guess you're right. I don't know the difference at all............................................... ............................................

I stand by my opinion.

There was one remark I made in there that I choose to rescind about the dirt in the microfiber towels. Spur of the moment thinking......my bad.

Shawn T.
04-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Looks like a 32 oz bottle to me. If you look at it in quantity/price...1 gallon ONR about $40, 1 gallon Croftgate $80.

It is a 32 oz. bottle.

OR you can look at it this way....................

36 Eurow Microfiber towels about $25 bucks

36 Super Soft Rolled Edge Microfibers about $120

Not meaning to fight. Just showing that the difference in prices for quality items can be applied even to products sold by Autogeek.

Shawn T.
04-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Here is the second part where I actually use the product...........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3nYsQpy2Fk&feature=related]YouTube - CroftgateUSA Rinseless Wash and Wax-2[/video]

rivaladversary
04-24-2011, 01:51 PM
whoops, i thought i linked the 2nd part too. are you just using those Zwipe MF towels off amazon?

btw, shawn. thanks for posting that meguiar's polish comparison. is that stuff easy to use, especially the ultimate polish? if you go to the Ask Mike Phillips section, you'll see my post about how to remove hazing off my black acura tsx. is the polish easy to use and buff off?

Shawn T.
04-24-2011, 01:55 PM
whoops, i thought i linked the 2nd part too. are you just using those Zwipe MF towels off amazon?

Eurow Microfibers

Amazon.com: Eurow Microfiber Premium 16" x 16" 350 GSM Cleaning Towels 36-Pack: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Eurow-Microfiber-Premium-Cleaning-36-Pack/dp/B0031B4YU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1303671298&sr=1-1)

rivaladversary
04-24-2011, 01:57 PM
i'm gonna post this again because i edited my previous post and since this thread is now on its second page, you may have missed it:

btw, shawn. thanks for posting that meguiar's polish comparison. is that stuff easy to use, especially the ultimate polish? if you go to the Ask Mike Phillips section, you'll see my post about how to remove hazing off my black acura tsx. is the polish easy to use and buff off?

Shawn T.
04-24-2011, 07:55 PM
And in case anyone wants to see more......

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F0E2E96431972EF8)

StephenK
04-24-2011, 08:07 PM
the Aquanil-X worked very well using it on a Ford Contour 1 spray per panel did the job. hood took 2 sprays. the Quick-n-Slick was very slick and like alot of products in this catagory after it sat for a day it got slicker. i used Megs UD and AW on same hood and this was slicker and gave a better looking finishimo. i did not get the results some people got with the tire shine as far as being so shiney but i dont like shiney tires so that was fine by me. and the Multi Clean was ok. i used it on a extremely dirty rim with caked on break dust and there was a calipar leaking so there was also break fluid on the rim for an unknown amount of time