PDA

View Full Version : Help With New Nissan Please

Nick B
04-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I have a 6 month old white Nissan that is parked outside 24/7 . I'm looking for something to protect the paint from sun damage and also bird poops . Something that lasts more than a few weeks . A sealant ?
I tried Rejex but it turns out it doesn't live up to all the hype . It lasted no longer than cheap wax and I applied it just like their website said to .
I've just bought some Wolfgang 3.0 Sealer but have not tried it yet .
Thanks in advance to all that reply .
Nick
Naples, Fl.

OZD 35
04-24-2011, 11:46 AM
I would say a sealant. Maybe even top it off with a nice wax too. I own a '04 Z which is usually parked outside most of the time and is also my DD. Ever since I corrected my paint last spring I've been using Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant. I've been very happy with it. Durability seems pretty good. Shine is amazing! I also applied a coat of it to my winter SUV back in November last year. It has been raining like crazy here lately and the water is no longer beading. So I'd say I got a good 4 months of protection from it. I always apply a spray on wax after each wash with my Z, since it is my baby, wich will aid in protection. With the bird poops, try and remove them ASAP with a quick detailer.

Munich77
04-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Wolgang's should be great - is not consider getting Cquartz or Opti-coat.

Dr Oldz
04-24-2011, 02:39 PM
If you are looking for durability, Collinite 845 and Collinite 915 are my top two picks. Although I have been happy with the durability of Ultima Paint Guard Plus thus far and it is super easy to use!

Elite Pro
04-24-2011, 02:48 PM
:welcome:
Great suggestions here.
What model Nissan you got?

sal329
04-24-2011, 03:00 PM
One of the coatings AG sells would be a great choice. DG 501, FK 1000p, DP policoat, Optimum Opti Seal, Collinite 845 or Bilt Hamber Finis wax will all be great. Just remember the acid in bird poop will eat through any sealant so use a QD and wipe off ASAP

Nick B
04-24-2011, 03:36 PM
:welcome:
Great suggestions here.
What model Nissan you got? It's a 2010 Xterra Off Road .
It stays out so my Ford Raptor and my wifes 4Runner Trail Edition can stay in . :)

Nick B
04-24-2011, 03:50 PM
If you are looking for durability, Collinite 845 and Collinite 915 are my top two picks. Although I have been happy with the durability of Ultima Paint Guard Plus thus far and it is super easy to use!
When talking Collinite does one last longer than the other ? Which one is easier to remove ?

OHSNAP
04-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Black Fire Wet Diamond works good for me, sortof hard to put on the car though if you use too much product at once.

ScottB
04-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Rejex is quite durable sorry to see it didnt live up to expectations. Its not the best looking product but any number of sprays enhance look. Finishkare 1000 is another durable option, as is Collonite and Klasse Twins.

5.4 Shelby
04-24-2011, 05:56 PM
It's a 2010 Xterra Off Road .
my Ford Raptor
Nice.

I have seen good durability with WG DGPS 3.0, but, my cars are all garaged.

Griots Paint Sealant has pretty good durability. That is what I usually put on my DD and family's cars.

Dr Oldz
04-24-2011, 06:06 PM
When talking Collinite does one last longer than the other ? Which one is easier to remove ?

915 is a paste. 845 is a liquid. I would say 845 is easier but you must apply thin.

915 does last a bit longer for me.

HeavyMetal
04-25-2011, 08:48 AM
I've used Menzerna Powerlock and topped it with both Pinnacle Souveran and Collinite 845. Great durability but mine are garage kept. I did my nephew's 2004 black Saturn Ion with 845. It's an outside car. Two weeks and like 8 rainstorms so far and it's still looking good. Still, if I had a newer car like yours that was kept outside I would seriously consider one of the new coatings like Opti-Coat, CQuartz or G-Techniq C1. Of the three, CQuartz is mentioned as the easiest to apply on several forums.