PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: A Wet Look For My Lemans Blue Vette......

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

331TwistedWedge
04-24-2011, 11:02 AM
I searched and read about finishing waxes/sealants here on the geek, which left me even more confused.............i want to make my vette POP!!!!!!!! Its been washed, clayed, meguiars 105 and 205 and i used a wizards sealant - but its not popping ... i want that wet look...........

what do you guys like? ... give me some opinions ...... from reading i feel that different colors react to the different waxes/sealants ......

thanks in advance...........

http://img21.imageshack.us/i/pic2aj.jpg/

http://img15.imageshack.us/f/rixvette2.jpg

J1nx93
04-24-2011, 11:11 AM
For a warm glow, use a carnauba. For more of a glass look, use a synthetic. Maybe try some Wolfgang Fuzion?

331TwistedWedge
04-24-2011, 11:23 AM
i tried to post a few pics to no avail, i will post up a few links ..... very happy with the meguiars 105/205, but i need that wet look ...........

Imageshack - rixvette2.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/f/rixvette2.jpg/)
Imageshack - pic2aj.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/f/pic2aj.jpg/)

James K
04-24-2011, 11:27 AM
How often do you drive it, and is durability of the wax important? Also what are you wanting to spend?

If it is not important then I say go with Pinnacle Souveran. Excellent wet deep look.

If you can give me more specifics, like I mentioned above, then I can give more choices.

331TwistedWedge
04-24-2011, 11:27 AM
For a warm glow, use a carnauba. For more of a glass look, use a synthetic. Maybe try some Wolfgang Fuzion?

thank you, i read good stuff about that ...... i read good stuff about a few others, which left me even more confused, lol ...

331TwistedWedge
04-24-2011, 11:30 AM
How often do you drive it, and is durability of the wax important? Also what are you wanting to spend?

If it is not important then I say go with Pinnacle Souveran. Excellent wet deep look.

If you can give me more specifics, like I mentioned above, then I can give more choices.

its a garage queen, i wont lie ...... so durability isnt important ... i would LOVE to find something that could repel dust ... im dusting this off every single day and its in the garage ...

JonMiles
04-24-2011, 01:15 PM
The wet look comes 95% from the prep work that you put into the paint. If you want to maximize the wetness, the paint needs to be flat and orange peel free. The wax can enhance the paint to an extent, but nothing will ever substitute the prep work.

You mention using 105/205 for the paint, but have you tried jeweling the paint with something like 85rd on a black pad? It will bring your gloss up quite a bit and add some wetness. Afterwards you can apply a high end carnauba to seal in the look and add some warmth.

If you want truly show car results, you might consider wetsanding the surface to remove all defects. Superior Shine did a great write up about a Shelby with factory orange peel that was wetsanded to perfection. The difference in depth is night and day.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/32822-shine-like-you-mean-shelby-cobra-meets-microfiber-da-system.html

James K
04-24-2011, 02:04 PM
its a garage queen, i wont lie ...... so durability isnt important ... i would LOVE to find something that could repel dust ... im dusting this off every single day and its in the garage ...

With a garage queen Souveran will be perfect. However, like Jon said, it's all in the prep. Wax will enhance to look. As for dust, try something with anti static properties like FK425 as a detail spray.

silverfox
04-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Guaranteed killer look you are looking for - take your choice finishing polish and get it to where you want it, then apply extreme EZ Creme glade and seal it all with blackfire wet diamond. Your car will look like the paint is flowing.

FUNX650
04-24-2011, 02:36 PM

Just a thought: Since you have already applied Wizard's 'Sealer' why not use the Wizard Mist & Shine detail spray to remove the dust---and, it's supposed to be anti-static to boot. That would be staying within a brand's realm of products.

Also, once your Corvette is clean of all dust you could try covering it with a good car-cover; or, some flannel sheets/blankets.

sal329
04-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Another vote for finishing with Menz 85rd

ScottB
04-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Lemans blue is metallic and often Fuzion and Pinnacle SSII really seems to amplify these paints best. Liquid Souveran is quite nice too and wont break bank.

93fox
04-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Another vote here for po85rd. I once did a metallic grey with m105 and m205 and it looked good. Once i applied po85rd the metallics where insanely Popping. Then fuzion would be your best shot!

rwright
04-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Menzerna PO85RD to amp up the gloss
Wax with Wolfgang Fuzion
Wait 12 hours and wipe down with Duragloss Aqua Wax
drip, drip, drip...

Shane731
04-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Another vote for jeweling with PO85rd. Then wax with Fuzion or Signature Series II - I love SSII, it gives the paint a nice warm glow that just makes me feel giddy all over. Plus it's less than a third of the price of a full size Fuzion. If you can swing the price, get the 8 oz. jar of SSII and the 3 oz. mini of Fuzion, then try them both out and see which one you prefer. If you want to put a sealant under it, both Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and Menzerna Power Lock are great sealants. I hear Blackfire Wet Diamond is great as well, and I have it but haven't used it yet, so I can't really comment on it. :dblthumb2: