PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Opti Coat Application

Pages : [1] 2 3

Chris Thomas
04-23-2011, 10:40 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UwcGhrfqk]YouTube - OptiCoatApp.AVI[/video]

I will try to do a black or dark color car soon so that you can see more of the flashing effect, but this video will give you an idea of how I apply Opti Coat with great results.

Elite Pro
04-23-2011, 10:45 PM
And its that easy.....
Thanks Chris

dad07
04-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks for video Chris,I feel in my mind I have over anyalized the application,and have been on the fence of trying, you have shown me the light!

rwright
04-23-2011, 10:57 PM
I feel in my mind I have over anyalized the application,and have been on the fence of trying, you have shown me the light!

This describes just about everyone.

Thanks for posting Chris! :)

AeroCleanse
04-23-2011, 11:11 PM
This is the same for Opti-Coat 2.0 and Opti-Guard?

Kristopher1129
04-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Nice. Thanks for the video! I still gotta get my hands on that stuff!

Chris Thomas
04-23-2011, 11:38 PM
You're welcome, I feel like I should've shot a video sooner. I wanted to do the most difficult part of the car with the most crevices so you could see that it's easy.

I used Opti Guard in the video, but Opti Coat 2.0 application is exactly the same. It may take a few more seconds to flash, but nothing about application is different.

Sent from my iPad 2 viaTapatalk

fishnugget
04-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks Chris that is very helpful and makes me feel more comfortable applying Opti-Coat. I cant wait to apply it. I got the chance to wash my g/f's car with Cquartz and was blown away at how much easier the drying process was. I am sure Opti-Coat will be exceed all my expectations!

WRAPT C5Z06
04-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks Chris!

What is a high spot?

93fox
04-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Thanks Chris!

What is a high spot?

I believe its when you apply it to heavy to an area and it has a higher film build than the surrounding areas.

Chris Thomas
04-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Thanks Chris!

What is a high spot?

A high spot is an area that is left too thick to cure clear. Basically, when most of the panel flashes to clear, look for these remnants and lightly buff them until gone:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/cthomas1440/Opti%20Coat%20Error/IMG_5325.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/cthomas1440/Opti%20Coat%20Error/IMG_5335.jpg

Da Fats
04-24-2011, 03:24 AM
A high spot is an area that is left too thick to cure clear. Basically, when most of the panel flashes to clear, look for these remnants and lightly buff them until gone:

So you just knock em down with a micro fiber... then toss the mf right?
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

gmck
04-24-2011, 04:15 AM
I would actually love to do that, but I'm afraid time won't permit. I do all the accounting for my families 6 quick lubes, run my own detailing business, do consulting for Optimum, run this forum, and whatever is on the honey do list. I have actually been planning to video application of Opti Coat to my car since I just had a repaint a couple of months back, but haven't even had time to do that.

Wow that was quick. So who/what dipped out from the above<g>

Great video. Liked the different techniques. You sure use a lot more product than I do though. I'm tending to do double coats as I go, but I still suspect you are still using more. I'll experiment some more with a heavier coat.

Did parts of a 2007 Honda Accord today and that seemed to be far easier, re high spots than the BMW from a couple of days ago.

I washed the BMW yesterday and the boot lid beaded water like I've never seen before. The bonnet with C.Quartz also beaded well, but nothing like the Opti-Coated boot lid. After drying it, I thought I had another high spot - actually it looked more like a stain in the paint - a bit like your photo of the high spot, but without the rainbow. I went over that with Poli-Seal on a black pad and it just disappeared and thankfully it appears to have stayed that way. You might remember I had added Opti-Seal and then OCW to get back the slickness after I'd redone the Opti-Coat so maybe that had something to do with it.

I note that you mention slickness in your video, but I still feel the boot lid on this Honda is missing that property as compared to what I'm used to and like. I'll add at least OCW to it in the morning.

I'm beginning to think that I'll top any fully cured Opti-Coat surface with first a really light polish with Poli-Seal and then follow up with OCW. Then instruct the client to just wash and dry normally and wipe down with OCW for a perfect finish. Opti-Coat provides the overall protection and the wipe down with OCW provides the slickness that should satisfy even the most fastidious client for each wash from week to week.

BobbyG
04-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Hey Chris,

I think this video really cleared up allot of questions users have had and also shows how simple and easy this product is to use..

Thanks for the great video!! :props:

silverfox
04-24-2011, 06:36 AM
I think I'm going to try it on parts of my car to see how it looks and reacts before doing the whole car. Surely the nose piece and front fascia that gets most of the damage, bugs, and road spray from traffic. (almost like putting on a clear bra). I'll also include the back sections behind the rear wheels and back valence up to the trunk line, as well as the parts under the doors and yes....the WHEELS.

Those parts of the car seem safe enough to make the plunge. I won't be surprised if I end up a week later doing the rest of the car. My order is in...now please somebody send us up some warm weather here in the northeast...!