PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Garage Carnauba Wax Stick?

MirandaAutoSpa
04-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi guys
I wanted to know if anyone has ever used the Griot's Garage Carnauba Wax Stick?
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/GR-wax-stick.jpg

How well does it apply and remove?

How far can a stick last?

Seems like a great idea to have wax in a stick form.

Gunslinger
04-24-2011, 12:26 PM
The Wax Stick is absolutely great stuff! It's very, very easy to use...it goes on easy and wipes off just as easy. Griot's says it lasts 4-5 months...hard for me to confirm that as the cars I use it on are garaged and only go out in good weather.

I use it as a base coat and top it with Griot's Best of Show Wax...but honestly...I really see no difference between the results of the two. The Wax Stick is far easier to use...Best of Show, while it gives a beautiful finish, is very easy to put on too thick and become difficult to wipe off.

If you decide to try the Wax Stick, you won't be unhappy.

MirandaAutoSpa
04-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Very cool. I will have to give it a try. I wonder how many cars a stick like this can wax?

James K
04-24-2011, 05:17 PM
How many ounces is that stick?

I have always wanted to buy the supernatural stick. I love the idea for machine application.

MirandaAutoSpa
04-24-2011, 06:26 PM
It says 3.5 oz. I guess you need to spread it nice and thin to make it last for a couple of cars.
Perhaps maybe 3-4 cars or more?

jsgntulok
04-24-2011, 09:37 PM
I used to use Griot's Garage wax, when it was sold in 8oz jars. I can confirm that it does last a long time, up to 6 months, and that it is very easy to apply and wipe off. However, I do not like the stick at all. Wolfgang Fusion is now my wax of choice. The only Griot's Garage product I use now is their car wash soap. Absolutely love that stuff.

Gunslinger
04-25-2011, 09:18 AM
I've been using the Wax Stick for four or five years now...it's used on three cars, twice a year. I'm now on my second stick, so you do get a pretty good number of cars done with one stick. I'm sure how many cars can depend on whether you're using it on land yacht sized vehicles or smaller cars.

I love the stuff...the way it's dispensed from the stick makes it so easy when using pads for an orbital. If you put it on wrong and use too much, it's not the fault of the wax.

FUNX650
04-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Seems like a great idea to have wax in a stick form.

Good idea. As such, I like removing most paste waxes from their tub for application to the pads when using the PC.

Even better, IMO, spray-on waxes!