PDA

View Full Version : Help: Calling all Infiniti Obsidian Black (2008 G37s)

CakeDaddy
04-23-2011, 07:23 PM
I’ll be assisting a friend with some minor paint correction on an 08 Obsidian Black G37s. I have an 03 Obsidian Black M and I’d like to know if there are any differences with the two colors and if I should approach the 2008 any different than my 2003. I remembering reading something about the newer “Infiniti's unique “self healing” paint contains a heat-activated resin compound that expands to “fill” fine scratches, making them disappear........”

My plans for his 2008 will go as follow:

Wash
Clay
M105/M205
3M UltraFina SE
Glaze* maybe blackhole
seal
PoorBoys Nattys Blue Paste
Megs 26

tool: PC7424

I’ve had great success on my 03 with the above steps
My car:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/cakedaddy05/d-1.jpg

jamores23
04-23-2011, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=CakeDaddy;456111]I’ll be assisting a friend with some minor paint correction on an 08 Obsidian Black G37s. I have an 03 Obsidian Black M and I’d like to know if there are any differences with the two colors and if I should approach the 2008 any different than my 2003. I remembering reading something about the newer “Infiniti's unique “self healing” paint contains a heat-activated resin compound that expands to “fill” fine scratches, making them disappear........”

My plans for his 2008 will go as follow:

Wash
Clay
M105/M205 This is good
3M UltraFina SE This isnt necessary it does bring out more gloss but hey your hooking up your friend not shining for a show or money??
Glaze* maybe blackhole skip the glaze
seal many great sealants out there I just came across a new one that I must say, simply amazing. Cant mention it here AG doest sell it
PoorBoys Nattys Blue Paste great wax especially on dark color cars and doesnt stain trim. Durablilty isnt all that great.
Megs 26 why if you are using natty?

tool: PC7424 what pads do you have?

CakeDaddy
04-24-2011, 08:55 AM
I agree..... the glaze is a big maybe. No way will I skip jeweling a black car, so the 3M UltraFinaSE is a must. The megs M205 is rated 4 on the cut scale, so you need a good finish polish to clean that M205 up and the 3M ultra finaSE or the Menz 85rd is VERY necessary. No one will argue that! I always double double wax. The Nattys, Megs 26 combo works well for me, plus the Megs26 is a hard wax that gives me the best end results that I like. (seen in pic) ;)

Once I get his car under the halogen I'll determine the pad use, but from what I've seen I'll be using a series of white,grey, & blue pads. I also have orange pads on hand.

My big question/ concern is about the make-up this new obsidian black and if there will be any issues. I need to hear from some black obsidian infiniti owners