PDA

View Full Version : Which Menzerna Polish

68bowtie
04-23-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm wondering which polish to use after i hit my cars with the meguiars da compound. I was looking at the menzerna polish since everyone seems to like it. ALso i was wondering if i can use the same polish latter on right before i wax the cars again. I think i should only have to use the meguiars DA compound once a yr since i keep my cars in good shape.
thanks

BobbyG
04-23-2011, 05:55 PM
My first question would be; what Meguiar's DA compound are you referring to? Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Compound is part of their new Microfiber correction system so know this would help allot. Knowing the cut level of a product would make it much easier to recommend something something finer..

Once you're satisfied with the finish polish then absolutely proceed right to the wax step.

Typically, after compounding and polishing the finish it should be easy to maintain there for require light polishing once or twice a year.

Jsuro
04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Lots of variables. Depends on the hardness of the paint, how bad it is to begin with and such. If the paint is on the soft side and the car is in good shape 85RD is super. Harder paint might call for Super Finish, or even Power Finish if you have water spots.

I use Super Finish on my daughter's 2011 VW Jetta and 85RD on my wife's Honda CRV. Very different paints but the results are the same. the Jetta is a dark blue color with a hard paint so If I have water spots I go to the Power Finish.

Now there is no need to do the whole car if it is well maintained. I just polish problems. If you do the whole car with Meg's DA compound you should only have to do spot stuff every so often, unless you're creating swirls during washing.

Best,

Jose

68bowtie
04-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I was using the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Compound