PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing system

Jonah
04-23-2011, 07:44 AM
New to the forum. Have a 2007 Black Honda Accord in need of some serious attention. I've been reading thru the forums and articles and am confused on what system would be best (read easiest) for this newbie. I am drawn to the wolfgang twins using pads vs the meguiars micro fiber correction system. Would like to keep the investment below 250 and no I don't currently have a DA. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

silverfox
04-23-2011, 08:29 AM
You can never go wrong with the WG twins especially if you are new to machine polishing. They are smply great products and used in detailing classes because they always produce great results. The MF DA correction system by Megs is kind if a issue for me because I've found the best use for this system is for correction with the D300 compound and not that great at finishing because the D301 product is not much of a match against higher end finishing polishes like WG finishing glaze or Menzera products. So Megs is great for serious compounding but I'd pass in it for finishing.

Crazy Amos
04-23-2011, 09:12 AM
I am assuming you are only worried about the paint correction? If so, buy a PC and then get the Wolfgang twins. Like SilverFox said, they will award the finish desired.

With $250 to spend, you should have enough left over to get a couple pads and a couple nice towels. Seal it in with what you already have and use the shampoo and clay you already have.

You need to act this weekend. I will PM you with the details.

BobbyG
04-23-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm right with John and Troy.

Wolfgang Twins combined with the Porter Cable dual action polisher and some pads will handle most of what the average detailing aficionado will encounter...:props:

weavers
04-23-2011, 10:23 PM
I have been very happy with my system
Groits grage DA
5.5" LC hydro pads
5.5" surbuff pads
megs ultimate compound and m205

I can easily take out wet sand marks, get great correction and finish down really well too. I have also bought m105 and ccs pads and some 6.5" pads and that. It all was bit of a waste of money, they work, but I want a simple system that works every time.

If I had to do it all over again i would go griots DA and megs MF system. the MF system is costly and you could save money going with lc hydro pads and megs ultimate compound/polish. i dunno both are great and get amazing reviews on here.

Jonah
04-24-2011, 05:31 AM
Thanks very much guys. I pulled the trigger on a PCXP and the wolfgang twins. I have Megs synthetic NXT and carnuba gold on hand. Which would work better as final sealer / wax? :confused: And is there any difference in micro fiber towels?