PDA

View Full Version : Need to get some Drive Off Plates-

ShineTimeDetail
04-22-2011, 11:33 PM
I have a dealership and I will need to bring the cars to my house from their lot. What is everything I will need to get these tags? Around how much do they cost? I am having touble finding info on it. I know I have seen some stuff on the internet before but cant find it now. Any help would be great.

Rayaz
04-22-2011, 11:54 PM
It varies from state to state. I think you are asking for what is called a dealer plate here in AZ. Before you sink money in buying a plate, you may want to check with the dealer you are doing the work for. They should have them for test drives and many of the sales people get to drive a demo home and they are used here for that (not leaglly). If that fails, go to the motor vehicle web site. Hope this helps.

ShineTimeDetail
04-22-2011, 11:58 PM
The dealership asked me if I had plates. I have talked to other dealerships and I'm pretty sure they require you to have them.

dad07
04-23-2011, 09:30 AM
the Laws very from state to state, but transporter plates may be what your looking for. Now its been a long time since I have been involved with the dealer stuff.If I remember all the paper work,ins,and red tape involved for a per car basis.its just a pia.My suggestion would be invest in a trailer.trailer them back and forth insurance from your tow vehical will cover anything on the trailer. Good luck!

ShineTimeDetail
04-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Lol I don't think my Grand Marquis will last very ling towing cars Haha....it wouldn't be worth to have load, unload, load and the unload again. I bet that atleast approximately 2 hours additional time.

dad07
04-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Lol I don't think my Grand Marquis will last very ling towing cars Haha.

LOL your right! forgot that. Check into the transpoter plates!

gumball
04-24-2011, 10:22 PM
go to moiada.com for info.