PDA

View Full Version : If you could only buy from b&m auto store what products would you get?

heynicebits
04-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Well I put off placing my ago order and now won't be able to get it by tomorrow, when I promised the wife I would do her car. If you could only pick interior and exterior products from a plain auto store, what would you pick up?

Rsurfer
04-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Well I put off placing my ago order and now won't be able to get it by tomorrow, when I promised the wife I would do her car. If you could only pick interior and exterior products from a plain auto store, what would you pick up?
Duragloss, Meguiar or Surfcity.

James K
04-22-2011, 09:37 PM
What type of products are you looking for? Polish, compound, wash, degreasers, wax? What are you doi.g to the car and what do you already have?

Oh, and just in case I dont get back to answer, you can't go wrong with Mothers products IMO.

jamores23
04-22-2011, 09:37 PM
megs products. Stay away from armor all i heard it fades trim. For leather i would get lexol cleaner and conditioner (brown bottle and orange bottle)
NXT paste wax. its hard to tell because some auto stores carry alot of megs stuff others dont carry. If you can, look for autoglym products and surf city (walmart has them) good luck im sure others will chime in. oh yeah for carpets and stuff get FOLEX from home depot its awesome or Krud Kutter (KK) and zep to use as a APC/degreaser

mswerb
04-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Most of the products I use come from local stores such as Wal-Mart, Advanced Auto Parts, and Auto Zone. Depending on what are doing, you should have no problems. Most stores in my area carry Meguiar's or Mothers products, and a large selection of them. Try a few different ones until you find something you like and stick with it. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

rwright
04-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Based off of what is available in my local stores and my opinion:

Wash
Soap - Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate - Napa
Wash mitt, microfiber drying towel - Walmart
or if you can find Mothers drying towel and sheepskin mitt - Napa/AutoZone

Degrease/Tar Removal/Bug Remover
Stoner's Tarminator - Napa
or Surf City Garage Road Trip Grime Destroyer Napa or Walmart
Zep Citrus APC @ 4:1 for wheel wells, engine - The Home Depot
Bleche Wite for tires - Walmart
Duragloss All Wheel Cleaner for heavy build up - Napa
or Meguiar's or Mothers All Wheel Cleaner for light build up - Walmart or AutoZone
Meguiar's Aggressive Clay if needed - Advance Auto Parts, Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer for clay lube
Mothers clay kit - Walmart

Exterior Polish
Meguiar's M105/M205 - Advance Auto Parts
or Meguiar's Ultimate Compound - Walmart
Meguiar's Scratch X or Ultimate Polish - Walmart

Wax
Meguiar's M26 (liquid) - Advance Auto Parts
Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax - Walmart
Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine quick detailer - Napa

Trim/Engine/Tire Dressing
Duragloss Ultimate Detail Spray - engine - Napa
Duragloss Tire Gloss foam - tires and wheel wells - Napa
or Surf City Garage Beyond Black - Napa/Walmart

Metal Polish
Duragloss - Napa carries both aluminum and metal polishes
Mothers Billet aluminum polish - Walmart/Advance/AutoZone/Napa

Interior
Folex for carpet and cloth seats - The Home Depot
Duragloss Fabric & Carpet cleaner foam - Napa
or Krud Kutter @ 4:1 for heavy carpet stains/grime - The Home Depot
Stoner's Invisible Glass - Walmart
Duragloss Leather Cleaner, Duragloss Leather Conditioner - Napa
or Surf City Garage Dash Away - Napa/Walmart
Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer for interior panels - Walmart

Towels/Brushes
Sam's Club Pro Force microfiber - yellow or orange, not blue or green
Small and large brush at Walmart for wheels and wheel wells
Mothers Carpet & Upholstery brush - AutoZone
Mothers Tire brush - AutoZone

Some Advance Auto Parts stores are carrying Griot's Garage products so that may be another option to consider.

john b
04-22-2011, 11:16 PM
do all napa stores carry duragloss ?

rwright
04-22-2011, 11:21 PM

Honestly I don't know. I just know what the stores in my state carry because I frequent them and the main warehouse. A lot of times when you go there they are confused by car care so I highly advise asking for their chemical book. They may look at you like you have a 3rd eye so ask again. Of course that may just be because of where I live too.

john b
04-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Honestly I don't know. I just know what the stores in my state carry because I frequent them and the main warehouse. A lot of times when you go there they are confused by car care so I highly advise asking for their chemical book. They may look at you like you have a 3rd eye so ask again. Of course that may just be because of where I live too.

i am goin to look into it-i would like to check out there all wheel cleaner-so thanks-that is a hell of a list you made to-thanks

rwright
04-22-2011, 11:36 PM
i am goin to look into it-i would like to check out there all wheel cleaner-so thanks-that is a hell of a list you made to-thanks

Just know ahead of time that the all wheel cleaner is acid based. Even though it is a buffered acid product, it's still acid. The products on the list work for me but may not work for other people. I'm just trying to help. :)

silverfox
04-23-2011, 04:20 AM
What rwright said. That's a great list. Can't go wrong with any of those.

john b
04-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Just know ahead of time that the all wheel cleaner is acid based. Even though it is a buffered acid product, it's still acid. The products on the list work for me but may not work for other people. I'm just trying to help. :)

i will use it on my exe wife tires and wheels then and forget to wash it off

martykyj
04-23-2011, 07:14 AM
A few years ago Eagle 1 A to Z all wheel cleaner was a big hit on this forum. I tried it and it works great on the tires and wheel wells. It sells for under $4 at Wally-Mart.

chris11le
04-23-2011, 09:52 AM

I can tell you definitely not. Both NAPA stores local to me have never even heard of it. I can find the products on NAPAs website but it just says "call for availability" next to them, and the stores say theyve never carried anything Duragloss. I think they can order it, but at that point I can just order it myself.

Its ashame really, Id love to try out the Duragloss stuff for my older vehicles.