PDA

View Full Version : Which bonnets to get for 6.5" pad?

Kaban
04-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Hey guys, I want to buy a few bonnets to buff off wax after it hazes.

Which bonnets would you recommend that fit over 6.5" Lake country flat pads?

Thanks in advance.

tuscarora dave
04-22-2011, 07:06 PM
You'll likely not find too many folks in these parts who use bonnets to remove wax. Problem is that you'll remove the wax on half of a panel and the bonnet will be loaded up with dried wax residue and not work too well to clean off the remaining panels. Typically (I think) most of the guys/gals here do what Mike Phillips shows us to do and fold a microfiber towel in four and utilize all 8 clean sides to remove the wax.

IMO there's just too much of a chance to mar the paint with a bonnet and it is much accurate and efficient to use a high quality microfiber towel by hand.

Kaban
04-22-2011, 10:29 PM
You'll likely not find too many folks in these parts who use bonnets to remove wax. Problem is that you'll remove the wax on half of a panel and the bonnet will be loaded up with dried wax residue and not work too well to clean off the remaining panels. Typically (I think) most of the guys/gals here do what Mike Phillips shows us to do and fold a microfiber towel in four and utilize all 8 clean sides to remove the wax.

IMO there's just too much of a chance to mar the paint with a bonnet and it is much accurate and efficient to use a high quality microfiber towel by hand.

Thanks so much. I am so glad I asked the question before buying anything. I guess I'll just stick to my old method and remove it by hand like you said using 8 sides of the MF towel.

Cheers man, thanks for the help!

Emm
04-23-2011, 04:43 AM
I have the Indigo blue microfiber bonnets, I use them sometimes,(with a 6.5" orange LC pad) but it's just as easy to do it by hand.