PDA

View Full Version : WHich is better,fuzion or chemical guys 5050?

68bowtie
04-22-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm looking at the fuzion or chemical guys 5050 wax. I was wondering which one is better.
thanks

jamores23
04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
I like fuzion

Buddy
04-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Fuzion gets my vote...:dblthumb2:

Scott DeBrun
04-22-2011, 07:39 PM
They both have very good properties and looks. Fuzion is a wax/sealant hybrid while 50/50 is a wax only. I have used both on think 50/50 has more gloss but you can't go wrong with either one of them or get both and see what you like the best. Personally I think carnuaba has a warmer look.

68bowtie
04-22-2011, 07:50 PM
I have autoglym HD and was looking for something else to try. How would these two compare to autoglym?

Scott DeBrun
04-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Autoglym has always streaked on me and for ease of use fuzion and 50/50 are much easier to work with.

ScottB
04-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Fuzion will outpace it in looks and ease of use, but they other aint bad. Petes 56 was another nice offering from them.

BobbyG
04-23-2011, 08:25 AM
They both have very good properties and looks. Fuzion is a wax/sealant hybrid while 50/50 is a wax only. I have used both on think 50/50 has more gloss but you can't go wrong with either one of them or get both and see what you like the best. Personally I think carnuaba has a warmer look.

Scott has touched on something here....

I did a trade with someone for a new can of CG 50/50. From what I read it's a good quality wax and has a decent following.

Yesterday afternoon I did a waterless wash on the hood of my truck with DP Waterless Wash just to take off some minor dust. As a side note, a week ago I applied Ultima Paint Guard Plus the the entire nose so CG 50/50 was applied over it.

I like to apply all my waxes with a dual action polisher but because of time constraints I used the soft foam pad supplied with my Pinnacle Souveran Wax. The 50/50 wax went on smoothly and easily. When it came time to buff it off it was more difficult that most, very "waxy" so I'm not sure if it wasn't dry enough or is this an inherent property of the product formulation.

It did produce a nice shine but as I said much more difficult to remove. Wolfgang Fuzion on the other hand goes on equally as smooth but is a wipe on, wipe off wax and buffs of very easily and to a brilliant shine.

Even though I still need to test it further, my vote goes to Wolfgang Fuzion...

sal329
04-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Both are great and I don't think either is a bad choice. Fusion is the more expensive and the only negative thing I could say about the product. I say if price doesn't matter then get both and have fun.

akimel
04-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I sold my never-been-used tin of 50/50 a few months ago, so I never had the chance to actually try it out. I'm a bit disappointed, as I've read a lot of positive reviews; but one can only try out so many waxes in a lifetime.

I love Fuzion. I love the look. I love the ease of application and removal. I even like the scent. But the price is a killer. I can only recommend it if you are able to purchase it when it's on sale (ditto for Souveran). There are simply too many high quality waxes out there that one can get for under $75 a tub. Yes, it comes with a free refill, but given that I only use Fuzion on one vehicle (and it's not the only protectant I use), I probably won't be cashing in on the refill during my lifetime. But Fuzion is a great wax.