PDA

View Full Version : WDGPS on top of DP poli coat paint sealant?

RandyD
04-22-2011, 03:16 PM
I put on a coat of Detailers Pro Poli-Coat Paint Sealant about a week ago. It looks great but I can't seem to leave well enough alone. Is it beneficial to put on a coat ofhttp://ep.yimg.com/ca/Img/trans_1x1.gifWolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on top of it (since it is also in my arsenal)? (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)

Thanks

kb2ehj
04-22-2011, 04:09 PM
You know the tape that you use to tape off things like washer spouts?

have somebody take that tape and tape your arms to your side until the first sealant wears off LOL.

It might make some change but probably not to were it makes a huge difference. I'd leave it alone.

RandyD
04-24-2011, 06:20 PM
That won't work for me. I'd find a way to escape (LOL). Anyway, has any one ever topped DP Poli-coat with wolfgang deep gloss sealant?

Thanks

James K
04-24-2011, 06:24 PM
I usually top DP with carnubas. I have never tried it with another sealant. I am sure it will be fine. Although I doubt you will notice much difference. Try it out and let us know. Maybe take some 50/50 pictures.

Shane731
04-24-2011, 07:34 PM
I usually top DP with carnubas. I have never tried it with another sealant. I am sure it will be fine. Although I doubt you will notice much difference. Try it out and let us know. Maybe take some 50/50 pictures.

Agreed. I'd skip DGPS and just throw a nuba on top. You can always re-wax a couple of weeks down the road, but it seems a bit soon to be re-sealing your car already. If you need a good nuba, Max Wax and Signature Series II are great waxes that look great, are easy to use, provide good durability and great water beading, and won't break the bank. :props:

Dr Oldz
04-24-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm gonna agree with the above and say no to the WGDPS.. but a coat of Nuba will be nice!!

Kristopher1129
04-24-2011, 09:00 PM
I typically use WGDGPS, then throw on Poli-Coat, followed by a Cquartz application, and then topped off with Supernatural, and just a touch of Opti-Coat.

And oh yeah, I also paint film my entire vehicle, then shrink wrap it. Just sayin. :bolt:

HA!

93fox
04-24-2011, 09:54 PM
I typically use WGDGPS, then throw on Poli-Coat, followed by a Cquartz application, and then topped off with Supernatural, and just a touch of Opti-Coat.

And oh yeah, I also paint film my entire vehicle, then shrink wrap it. Just sayin. :bolt:

HA!

Are you preparing your car for the end of the world?

dad07
04-24-2011, 10:05 PM

HA!

Are you preparing your car for the end of the world?

I just busted a gut because of you two!!!! Now that the WHOLE house is awake you guys owe Mrs07 an explantion of WHY i'm still up and LMAO! (cover for me guys!)

93fox
04-24-2011, 10:24 PM
I just busted a gut because of you two!!!! Now that the WHOLE house is awake you guys owe Mrs07 an explantion of WHY i'm still up and LMAO! (cover for me guys!)
haha well kristopher over there is preparing for the apocalypse or something! haha

Kristopher1129
04-24-2011, 10:37 PM
haha well kristopher over there is preparing for the apocalypse or something! haha

Hey, you gotta be ready man. All your cars are gonna be burnt to a crisp. Mine....I just may lose some shrink wrap. :dblthumb2: haha

93fox
04-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Hey, you gotta be ready man. All your cars are gonna be burnt to a crisp. Mine....I just may lose some shrink wrap. :dblthumb2: haha
you right.... i think you forgot collinite 845. hell, might as well put two coats of EVERY collinte wax. or wait... bring the car to me and we'll sand it and i can shoot 50 coats of clear and then you can do the rest of your magic!

Kristopher1129
04-24-2011, 11:16 PM
you right.... i think you forgot collinite 845. hell, might as well put two coats of EVERY collinte wax. or wait... bring the car to me and we'll sand it and i can shoot 50 coats of clear and then you can do the rest of your magic!

Deal, I'll take your offer, ha.

93fox
04-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Deal, I'll take your offer, ha.

i think im overdoing it when i apply 845 on top of sealants... then you come along with this process. haha

jamores23
04-25-2011, 11:10 AM
how would you strip the wax off without harming the wgps??