PDA

View Full Version : xmt products!!!

Pages : [1] 2

trhland
01-03-2007, 06:08 PM
how is the xmt line?? there polishes and glazes .do they work good. ive been useing optimum now.

ScottB
01-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Poorboys, XMT, and Optimum are all nice choices. I would pick one, and then really get to know them. All can provide wonderful results, but sometimes need to really be used and used again.

ltoman
01-03-2007, 06:17 PM
how is the xmt line?? there polishes and glazes .do they work good. ive been useing optimum now.

XMT's line is awesome!
They work, they smell nice, they go a long way, the prices are fair...
I did not like Optimum so much. XMT's working time is better, easier for a newbie...
The XMT glaze is on my car now, under a HEAVY (lol) coat of Souveran. I think it is great. I plan to keep using/buying this line. WHile I like to try new stuff too, why mess with success?

Hope that helps!!!
Lauren:)

ltoman
01-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Poorboys, XMT, and Optimum are all nice choices. I would pick one, and then really get to know them. All can provide wonderful results, but sometimes need to really be used and used again.

Yea. I just finished the seond round of passes of XMT on the vette, stepping up to XMT 3 this time. Not perfect, but better!!:D

Kelso
01-03-2007, 06:29 PM
im not a big fan of glazes in general and have not used many but i have a bottle of XMT glaze i tried like 2 times and well it doesnt seem to fill lik ei want it to. it does look good, but its hiding abilities to me are not stellar. the polishes i love

i think i might get some optimum next to try out. what is recommended for use with a rotary? can i use the XMT line with its diminishing abrasives? im new to the rotary and dont know what polishes to use yet

ltoman
01-03-2007, 06:31 PM
im not a big fan of glazes in general and have not used many but i have a bottle of XMT glaze i tried like 2 times and well it doesnt seem to fill lik ei want it to. it does look good, but its hiding abilities to me are not stellar.

That part I must agree with. But what is there that fills better?

Surfer
01-03-2007, 06:49 PM
That part I must agree with. But what is there that fills better?XMT Glaze isn't really a filler type glaze like others, VMW, RMG from Clearkote etc are ones off the top of my head. Any of the Megs Glazes are filler heavy as well I believe, some polishes like Poorboys also contain some fillers.

Natty's Blue wax apparently has light filling ability, but I've never noticed it.

Whitethunder46
01-03-2007, 06:53 PM
I get my PC, Edge pads, XMT line up and a few more goodies in tomorrow. Will be polishing my car for the first time using XMT line up and will let you know what I think.

dengood1
01-03-2007, 06:58 PM

XMT line is great, little or no dusting. Optimum polishes don't dust at all and you can work them in twice as long before they break down. You'll notice the XMT polishes will break down much faster than the Optimum line with similar results. Haven't used the glaze yet.

trhland
01-03-2007, 07:16 PM
thanks guys !! ill check out some of there stuff

ltoman
01-03-2007, 10:06 PM
XMT Glaze isn't really a filler type glaze like others, VMW, RMG from Clearkote etc are ones off the top of my head. Any of the Megs Glazes are filler heavy as well I believe, some polishes like Poorboys also contain some fillers.

Natty's Blue wax apparently has light filling ability, but I've never noticed it.

Hey Surfer Dude,
What would you recommend that I could get at AG that has substantial fillers? I do not know what VNM is, CLearcote is gone and Poorboy's - I am clueless.
Fill me in, please? I want to get some for sure!!
Thank you!
Lauren
Clown and Troublemaker:) :)

Surfer
01-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Probably any of the Meg's Glazes, I'm not sure on the Wolfgang and other stuff. I'm sure somebody else knows. RMG was Red Machine Glaze by Clearkote and was great for a nice final polish and fillers but they don't carry the Clearkote line anymore, VMG was another Clearkote product.

But fillers aren't really anything special as after a few washes they fade away and the swirls filled in will come back. That's why I went with the XMT Glaze instead of others as it's not full of fillers, has the oils, cleaners and nice carnauba content.

ltoman
01-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Probably any of the Meg's Glazes, I'm not sure on the Wolfgang and other stuff. I'm sure somebody else knows. RMG was Red Machine Glaze by Clearkote and was great for a nice final polish and fillers but they don't carry the Clearkote line anymore, VMG was another Clearkote product.

But fillers aren't really anything special as after a few washes they fade away and the swirls filled in will come back. That's why I went with the XMT Glaze instead of others as it's not full of fillers, has the oils, cleaners and nice carnauba content.

i have xmton my car right now too.

Surfer
01-04-2007, 12:16 AM
i have xmton my car right now too.You wanna cookie:D

Kelso
01-04-2007, 12:16 AM
kinda sucks that they discontinued that line, but then again i never would have tried it without the free gift i think.... i have the RMG and it did wonders on a heavy swirled black mercedes, but there was still a lot of swirls left(it was badly neglected) and i kinda wanna try the quikshine now, as well as 425