PDA

View Full Version : dirty white vinyl cleaner

FishFat
04-22-2011, 06:52 AM
It's actually on a boat but can anyone suggest a good cleaner for white vinyl??

SeaJay's
04-22-2011, 06:55 AM
An all purpose cleaner diluted down to 4 or 5:1.

Adams APC or Optimum Power clean come to mind...

Flash Gordon
04-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Is it dirt or mold. If its dirt, try Woolite mixed with water in a spray bottle. 50/50 mix should work fine

If its mold, try the same thang :D I'm having an alzheimers moment right now and can't think of the product I use for mold :o check back later if you need (mold) and I'll walk the 15' to go and look :)

grantm
04-22-2011, 09:36 AM
I've had very good luck with Megs m39. Check out the work this did on a very dirty golf cart's seats:
Just tried M39 again - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38466)

Flash Gordon
04-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Carry some Magic Erasers too. And a bunch of cotton towels

jsgntulok
04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
I like to use Megs APC and a soft curb brush. I have also hd god results with M39 suggested in another posting. A Magic Eraser bar is also an effective tool,but use caution since the eraser can and will remove the finish.

2old2change
04-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I like to use Megs APC and a soft curb brush. I have also hd god results with M39 suggested in another posting. A Magic Eraser bar is also an effective tool,but use caution since the eraser can and will remove the finish.

:iagree:
I use APC+ or #39 but don't be too aggressive with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser as was mentioned.

dietdewboy
04-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Saddle soap with a brush works pretty good too, I use it on my Mastercraft all the time. If its really nasty, Magic eraser and 409 gets it done quick just be careful. I know a few boaters who use hand cleaner on really bad spots, I tried it, took the stain right out but I only did a small spot and washed it off immediately with soapy water, then went to the saddle soap to get any residue left behind. Just keep pouring the 303 Aerospace Protectant to it once its clean. I use it once a week and it makes worlds of difference in how it interior holds up to the sun.