PDA

View Full Version : Wax Removal

lvmyavalon
04-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Feed back pleaseRecently purchased new Griot buffer that included best of show wax.I have tried different applications.Including hand application.It seems really hard to wipe off.I let it sit for over an hour before wiping off.I do this in garage & paint is cold.I could do it outside,because we don't get sun anymore in the Chicago area.Any suggestions,or is there a really great wax I can use that wipes off easier.After all the work hand rubbing the wax off.I buff it with a micro bonet.The buffer does not seem to get the wax off by itself.The results in the end are terrific.

TornadoRed
04-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Best of Show is not the easiest to remove. I think the key to to not use too much. Griot's recommends a little squirt of their Spray-on Wax (which I love btw) if it is too hard to remove. I talked to a guy last week that said cotton towels remove it better than microfiber. I'm not sure how people on this forum would feel about that.

5.4 Shelby
04-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Thin, thin, thin.

And the spray on wax or speed shine work very well to assist difficult removal.

jjkacz
04-21-2011, 07:36 PM
If you want to try a wipe on wipe off wax, which will be way easier...you could try Wolfgang's Fuzion Estate Wax.

lvmyavalon
04-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Practice,practice ! I cut way back on the application & used the spray on.It really helped. The wolfgang fuzion would be great If I win the Lottery :laughing:.
Thanks for the info.

5.4 Shelby
04-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Practice,practice ! I cut way back on the application & used the spray on.It really helped. The wolfgang fuzion would be great If I win the Lottery :laughing:.
Thanks for the info.
An affordable boutique wax that is uber-easy to work with would be Pinnacle Signature Series II (SSII). I am not sure it will give more depth than Best of Show, but, it will be close and is really easy to work with and smells great. Expensive compared to BOS, but, cheap compared to Fuzion.