PDA

View Full Version : Wanna play marbles?

Pages : [1] 2

TornadoRed
04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I took this shot this morning when I got to work. I had these little marbles rolling around my hood.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/marbles.jpg

Flash Gordon
04-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Looks like sweat beads, cause its SO HOT! :props:

sparkie
04-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Looks like sweat beads, cause its SO HOT! :props:
:iagree:

ExoticAutoDetai
04-22-2011, 07:03 AM
So basically when us the human sweat a lot and we get sweat beads on our forehead is it because the fat or oily stuff that comes out is the reason it beads?

I'm always wondering random stuff. Lol

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

93fox
04-22-2011, 12:30 PM
So basically when us the human sweat a lot and we get sweat beads on our forehead is it because the fat or oily stuff that comes out is the reason it beads?

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

No, its from the time we applied collinite 845 to our foreheads!

jamores23
04-22-2011, 12:50 PM
:iagree:

TornadoRed
04-22-2011, 12:53 PM
It's because we all replaced our V05 with car soap.

ExoticAutoDetai
04-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Well I use nothing but the best Swissvax on my forehead. :cruisin:

BobbyG
04-25-2011, 11:51 AM
During the night the temperature cools and the humidity rises. Normally we see an even layer of moisture that covers most surfaces of the car. Given the fact that we typically coat our vehicles with several layers of the finest water repellent sealants and waxes, I suspect that these beads of moisture are "dew" to the lack of surface tension.

Spray your freshly waxed finish with water and what happens... Millions of tiny beads, this is due to the lack of surface tension, the same thing's happening here... :props:

FUNX650
04-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Spray your freshly waxed finish with water and what happens... Millions of tiny beads, this is due to the lack of surface tension, the same thing's happening here... :props:

OOPS! I got 'tense' just thinking about this. LOL :)

TornadoRed
04-25-2011, 06:27 PM
During the night the temperature cools and the humidity rises. Normally we see an even layer of moisture that covers most surfaces of the car. Given the fact that we typically coat our vehicles with several layers of the finest water repellent sealants and waxes, I suspect that these beads of moisture are "dew" to the lack of surface tension.

Thanks for the input Bobby, but I know why these water drops were on my hood. It was raining on my way to work. I was just sharing the picture cuz I thought it looked cool.

BobbyG
04-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the input Bobby, but I know why these water drops were on my hood. It was raining on my way to work. I was just sharing the picture cuz I thought it looked cool.

HAHA, then you got me with that one!!

A4 1.8tqm
04-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Nice! The more round and marble-like the bead the better in my book. What LSP?

Sounds about right, sweat beads on your skin because of the oils that are on your skin. Now go rub your forehead around on the hood of your car and report back with the results! :laughing:

James K
04-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Sounds about right, sweat beads on your skin because of the oils that are on your skin. Now go rub your forehead around on the hood of your car and report back with the results! :laughing:

It doesn't work well as an LSP, but it makes a great clay bar alternative.

TornadoRed
04-26-2011, 08:58 AM
What LSP?
Three weeks before this picture I tested PB Black Hole and covered it with Duragloss 111. A week later it got washed followed by Duragloss Aqua Wax. So the Aqua Wax was about 2 weeks old and the car was dirty due to record rain this month.