PDA

View Full Version : quick detailer

98bmw323is
04-22-2006, 12:56 AM
how are you guys using your quick detailers?

example: spraying on the towel and wiping the dusty surface

ex 2: spraying the QD on the dusty surface then wiping off with dry towel.

etc.

i plan on using the cobra miracle towel for this, good idea?

crystal mist - LSP enhancer

poorboys spray and wipe - removing dust from car.

joe.p
04-22-2006, 05:10 AM
I spray QD on the car then remove.

Mike T
04-22-2006, 08:07 AM
I spray QD on the car then remove.
Yep.

cwcad
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
I may spray a detail spray on a towel but only for the hard to get areas. Normally I would spray either detail spray that you mentioned on the surfaced of the paint. Just the like the other two fellas stated.

belcherm58
04-23-2006, 09:22 AM
I spray the QD on the paint and wipe off with a plush MF.

MCA
04-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Everyone has hit it on the head for QD application...When using S&W, i suggest waiting about 5-10 secs after spraying to let S&W break down the dust and dirt - You want the product to clean, not your MF towel.

Pats300zx
04-23-2006, 12:26 PM
On the car and buff of with a MF towel

ScottB
04-23-2006, 01:18 PM
I have found a new way to use QD's that enhance gloss and help to reduce marring while drying.

1. Wash Car
2. Hose Down Car without nozzle
3. Blow with a leaf blower
4. Spritz each damp panel with QD and wipe off along with water drops while using a Guzzler. (Poorboys Spray and Gloss, Finish Kare 425, Clearkote Quikshine) They all still add notable gloss and the lubrication in them helps to reduce marring while drying as it helps to slide the towel over the surface.

FloridaNative
04-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Hmmm. Very interesting experiment you did Killerwheels. I will have to try that one. I normally QD everyday that I don't wash, but now I have a new way to use it. YIPEE! Thanks for the tip. :)

belcherm58
04-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Ditto on the drying method by Killrwheels. I will be trying that the next wash
and dry.

belcherm58
05-02-2006, 05:39 AM
I used Poorboys Spray & Wipe while using a Ultimate Guzzler while drying my
truck today. Wow! What a difference it made reducing drag and it mayde the
shine pop. Good advice from killrwheels. I iwll be doing this from now on when
drying my paint after a wash. I then went over with Spray & Gloss and it looks
like I just waxed it. Everyone should give this a try. I would say it will help
reduce micro marring big time.

ScottB
05-02-2006, 05:51 PM
I used Poorboys Spray & Wipe while using a Ultimate Guzzler while drying my
truck today. Wow! What a difference it made reducing drag and it mayde the
shine pop. Good advice from killrwheels. I iwll be doing this from now on when
drying my paint after a wash. I then went over with Spray & Gloss and it looks
like I just waxed it. Everyone should give this a try. I would say it will help
reduce micro marring big time.

There are three products that this works for considerably well. Clearkote Quikshine, Poorboys S&G, and Finish Kare 425. Not saying that all do not help with lubrication while drying, but we still all want the added gloss. Crystal Mist is darn good but seems to lose a little sparkle, so I would use this one afterwards as possible.

Mr. Clean
05-03-2006, 12:08 PM
I have found a new way to use QD's that enhance gloss and help to reduce marring while drying.

1. Wash Car
2. Hose Down Car without nozzle
3. Blow with a leaf blower
4. Spritz each damp panel with QD and wipe off along with water drops while using a Guzzler. (Poorboys Spray and Gloss, Finish Kare 425, Clearkote Quikshine) They all still add notable gloss and the lubrication in them helps to reduce marring while drying as it helps to slide the towel over the surface.
I use the same process, except I save the leaf blower step and proceed straight to drying.

For QDing on a road driven vehicle, I prefer to start with PB's S&W; spraying the product directly on the surface, and as mentioned above allow the product to remain on the surface before wiping. After the surface is clean, I may elect to grab a fresh towel and a glossing QD and go over the vehicle again...or not. ;)

If the vehicle is not dirty, and has just a layer of dust I will first dust the surface with a DF Concours towel and then follow with my QD.