PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good outdoor wax for use on light colored cars.

Whitethunder46
01-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I have a jar of PB's NB on order. But this is more meant for darker colored car's, correct?

I'm looking for a cheap wax that looks good on whites and silvers. Need's the ability to work in the sun and heat (mobile detailing), and have 2-3 months of protection/durability.

Is MaxWax good on light colored cars?

I know liquid souveran is supposed to be very nice, but a little too costly I think for bulk detailing. And can this be used in direct sun??

Surfer
01-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I use Natty's Blue topping EX-P on my white suv and it looks incredible, white is a hard color, and mine had a deep, wet look to it, and i love the slightly darker tone NB gave. I'm going to be stripping down and using the XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze topped with NB...yummy looking.

Liquid Souveran looks excellent on whites, and one combo that I'd really like to try is Duragloss 105 topped with AW or even a normal Carnauba. #105 has such a nice, wet sheen to it. It and AW give white a top notch look. I also have EX-P topped with Collinite 915 on other vehicles like silver, champagne colored etc, love the look, nice and wet and crazy flake pop, but 915 aint cheap, think I bought it for 30-35 bucks at a marine store. #845 is great on light/flakey paint as well.

D
01-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Max Wax and Liquid Souveran is the same price.

Liquid Souveran- "4. Work on a cool surface, out of direct sunlight. A hot surface will cause the solvent to evaporate too quickly, making the remaining film harder to buff off."

Whitethunder46
01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Surfer: I have on order DG 105 and AW, along with XMT Glaze and PB's NB.

I couldn't decide what to go with, so I'm going to use all of it.

Half of the hood and roof will get DG 105 topped with AW, and the other side XMT glaze topped with PB's NB. Is XMT Glaze a wipe on wipe off product? Do I need to let it cure or anything before topping with NB?

Surfer
01-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Not sure about wowo, as far as I know the XMT Glaze has to be worked in with a PC and finishing pad like the white Edge. #105 topped with AW has such a nice, wet glow on white. I'd like to see #105 topped with NB, 105 just has a great look to itself.

Whitethunder46
01-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Not sure about wowo, as far as I know the XMT Glaze has to be worked in with a PC and finishing pad like the white Edge. #105 topped with AW has such a nice, wet glow on white. I'd like to see #105 topped with NB, 105 just has a great look to itself.

So XMT glaze should sit for a little while until hazes? and then buff off? I'll work it in with the White Edge pad since I no it has no abrasives and actually contains some carnauba. I'll work it on on speed 4 or so? I'll no more once I practice with the polishes and so forth. I'm going to apply DG and NB by hand.

aschultz91
01-03-2007, 04:44 PM
since you are doing this as a side job i would use max wax. Justin is getting over 100 cars out of 1 jar. Maxwax is a lot easier to apply than nattys too! try it out its not that expensive

ScottB
01-03-2007, 05:19 PM
DP Max Wax, Liquid Souveran, Sig Series II amongst others. I think to truly bring white to glossy perfection, your going to need to use a sealant (gloss) and then a wax (wetness). I would consider UPP.

Whitethunder46
01-03-2007, 06:16 PM
But is Maxwax an outdoor's, in the sun user friendly?