PDA

View Full Version : Just received first order!! WOOT!

AlexC
04-19-2011, 08:39 PM
The only things I think I forgot were 303 Aero and ONR. There's still probably more but right now, I'm a little low on spending money haha.

Anyways, just thought I'd share. Feels great to finally be a part of the world of detailing :) As soon as the weather starts to cooperate I'll start practicin' up on my car and shoot you guys a write up. Never worked on paint with a DA polisher before, in fact the only experience i have is with a circular on headlights (found that on here way back when I was a lurker :xyxthumbs:). Hope it goes well!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm139/AJChambers91/IMAG0246.jpg

LuxuryMobile
04-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Looks to be a very good first order. You will LOVE the GG DA. It really is an excellent machine IMO.

suprachica79
04-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Definitely looks like a great spread. Once you get bitten by the bug, it's impossible to stop lol. I haven't had a single customer yet but I'm still buying crap I don't need lol, congrats and good luck

Rayaz
04-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Have you showed this picture to your therapist yet? Nice start! You'll be back, and back, and back. Let me know how the foam canon works please.

5.4 Shelby
04-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Merry Christmas Alex. Looks like a good start.

dad07
04-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Looks Like a very good start Alex! Good luck, and prepare to spend more money LOL.

weavers
04-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Great group of products for a first buy. you really covered all of the bases. you'll love the GG DA or the 845 wax. what tire dressing did you go with? you will love ONR.

btw you will be buying more MF towels. lots more, like 30 maybe 50 and different types for wheels or windows, drying or terry cloth for multi purpose.

Matt575
04-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Nice spread! I'm jealous!

AlexC
04-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Sounds like i did pretty well, thats good to hear lol. I guess that research paid off.

Great group of products for a first buy. you really covered all of the bases. you'll love the GG DA or the 845 wax. what tire dressing did you go with? you will love ONR.

btw you will be buying more MF towels. lots more, like 30 maybe 50 and different types for wheels or windows, drying or terry cloth for multi purpose.

As for the tire dressing, I chose Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel. From the reviews I read it didn't sling as much as some of the others and sounded like it had a good finish. On a side note, Weavers, I was interested in the 1981 300D you had as your profile pic. So, I looked it up and realized that those are custom headlights on yours. They look nice, gotta say I really like em.

SPIROS ANTONIOU
04-20-2011, 03:59 AM
First order????These all stuff.:xyxthumbs:.When i was start i only have super resin polish and a microfibre

silverfox
04-20-2011, 06:14 AM
Spending money is the easy part...now then...what do you do with it? Technique, technique, technique, practice, practice, practice.

ONR would have been the FIRST thing on my list...oh, well, you can pick that up later when AG has that killer sale that everybody is talking about (on another thread).

Marc08EX
04-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Congrats on your first purchase!! You picked up some very good quality items and it seems that you are ready to do a full detail! What car will you be working on for your first detail? Please post pics during your process!

AlexC
04-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Marc,

For my first detail, I'll be working on my own. I'd rather go through the learning process on my own car haha. Though, I'm pretty confident everything will go fine having watched every video on youtube about how to polish and knowing how safe DA polishers are. :P

-Alex