PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using AIOs with the Meg's MF Pads?

Pages : [1] 2

Slate G8 GT
04-19-2011, 06:51 PM
I decided to join the machine polishing game and got a GG6 and the 5" Meg's MF DA system. All I have to say is wow, the system was super easy even for a newb like me, and easily got rid of all my swirls.

My only problem with it is now all my family and friends want me to do their cars:autowash:. Seeing as it took me about 10 hrs. total to do our car I've been looking for a AIO to save some time. I'm looking for something that will remove moderate swirls and finish nice with some protection. Considering d151, poli-seal, APO 60, DG501, XMT360, etc. I really like using the MF pads b/c I can use one pad on a whole car so I was wondering if anyone is using an AIO with them and what were your results.

thanks, Daniel

5.4 Shelby
04-19-2011, 08:02 PM
the finishing wax, D301, is an AIO. Have you tried it alone?

Sunshyne
04-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I read 151 with the MF system worked well here somewhere. I plan on the same as well

Perfections
04-19-2011, 09:54 PM
If your looking for an aio that removes decent swirls with the mf disk out of the choices you listed d151 and xmt 360 will both give you what your looking for

James K
04-19-2011, 10:25 PM

I have tried this. Not happy with the results. It worked ok, but much better options out there.

Slate G8 GT
04-20-2011, 04:53 PM

Yeah i tried it on one section before the d300 and it didn't do much, I think it's mainly for any hazing the d300 may leave and for the sealing and wax.

If your looking for an aio that removes decent swirls with the mf disk out of the choices you listed d151 and xmt 360 will both give you what your looking for

Do you know what the cut and durability differences are between these two? Also i'm not set on the list those are just some that I was looking at, if anyone has any suggestions please share.

Thanks again for helping this newb out:dblthumb2:

Shawn T.
04-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Here's a few videos I made.....the review of the Microfiber System with these videos is on the forum somewhere...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWm63itb4no]YouTube - D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream with Meguiars DA Microfiber Pads[/video]

Mind you, this fender is a repaint so the results on an OEM finish may be different.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX5NDvAKbZU]YouTube - Meguiars DA Microfiber Finishing Wax[/video]

- Meguiars DA Microfiber Finishing Wax with microfiber cutting and mircofiber finishing pads

Slate G8 GT
04-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the vids Shawn:props:, did u prime the pad like with the d300?

Shawn T.
04-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the vids Shawn:props:, did u prime the pad like with the d300?

Yes, I primed the pads prior to use. I made sure the pad had product on its entire face and then applied a few pea sized drops to the pad and started working.

john b
04-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Yes, I primed the pads prior to use. I made sure the pad had product on its entire face and then applied a few pea sized drops to the pad and started working.
shawn have you tried polyseal with the finishing disc yet?

Shawn T.
04-20-2011, 10:27 PM

I have not tried poli-seal yet but I plan on buying some this summer. I am going to run a battery of tests this summer on a whole bunch of stuff.

I am going to test a lot of products with the microfiber discs and making vids to go on YouTube. Can't wait!

Perfections
04-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah i tried it on one section before the d300 and it didn't do much, I think it's mainly for any hazing the d300 may leave and for the sealing and wax.

Do you know what the cut and durability differences are between these two? Also i'm not set on the list those are just some that I was looking at, if anyone has any suggestions please share.

Thanks again for helping this newb out:dblthumb2:

Cut is about 40% swirl removal on soft to medium hardness paint with durability right at 3 months for both depending on how they are maintained, if your looking for an aio with good swirl removal those 2 are about your best choices

Perfections
04-20-2011, 11:30 PM

I'm can't answer for Shawn, but poly seal on the finishing disk is an amazing paint cleaner! But if your looking for swirl removal polyseal will fall short of the other 2 I mentioned, think of polyseal more of a Meg's cleaner wax with about 20-25% swirl removal on soft to medium hardness paint

john b
04-20-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm can't answer for Shawn, but poly seal on the finishing disk is an amazing paint cleaner! But if your looking for swirl removal polyseal will fall short of the other 2 I mentioned, think of polyseal more of a Meg's cleaner wax with about 20-25% swirl removal on soft to medium hardness paint

thanks for the answer on that.would poorboys polish with sealeant/aio be a similiar product compared to polyseal

Perfections
04-21-2011, 12:04 AM
thanks for the answer on that.would poorboys polish with sealeant/aio be a similiar product compared to polyseal

I'm sorry John poorboys polishes are one of the few lines I haven't tested, but I will say this polyseal is a great aio if your main concern isn't swirl removal, it's super easy on/off amps up the gloss by really cleaning the paint and one cars I maintain for customers has always lasted right at 3-3.5 months, to be honest it's best to have a couple aio's if your doing this as a job, every cars different and if your trying to one step it, it's best to have the best of both worlds :) like d151 or xmt360 then polyseal or Meg's cleaner wax