PDA

View Full Version : How to clean carpet

Rewind97
04-19-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm going to pull the seats out of my truck and pull the carpet out to clean it. What process/products/equipment should I use?

HotRod
04-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Check out my little write up I did last year, it might help you out.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/23201-my-version-cleaning-nasty-upholstery.html

Rewind97
04-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks HotRod, that's some great info. My problem is I don't have access to the tools (extractor, dryer, buffer) that you use. I do have a friend that has a regular carpet shampooer with a furniture attachment, will that work?

HotRod
04-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks HotRod, that's some great info. My problem is I don't have access to the tools (extractor, dryer, buffer) that you use. I do have a friend that has a regular carpet shampooer with a furniture attachment, will that work?

That should work, or purchase the little bissell green machine, I got one as a spare for when my extractor breaks down, and it was around $90 at wal-mart.

Rewind97
04-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Cool...........I'll look into one of the bissell's. Extractors are EXPENSIVE!!!!

HotRod
04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah, the professional extractors like the aztec, powerflite, etc... are pretty pricey but have much more vacuum and heat capability than the bissell. But, the Bissell will get the job done for you, and you really don't need a pricey extractor unless you will be doing this on a daily basis, as heavy duty use with the bissell is not recommended.

embolism
04-19-2011, 12:09 PM
how about the rigid wet/dry vac that someone got on here a few days ago. I think it was on sale at HD for $50

Might have even had a blower attachment. Wish I could pick one up. It's prolly twice the price in Canada...:cry:

Rewind97
04-19-2011, 12:53 PM
I do have a good wet/dry vac. that I got at Lowe's on black Friday for cheap!!!

tcfatboys
05-31-2011, 05:00 PM
A really simple and no costhly equipment / you can get a wet vac / and try to get an air compressor with a degreaser gun

use the degreaser gun to put clean water into your carpet.
Once vaccum the carpet
spray what are you using to clean the carpet
let it work for at least 10mn
better if you hand brush
and that's where the help of the compressor & the gun comes
use it to soak the carpet & at the same time use the wet vac

you will notice the difference right away

hope it help's you