PDA

View Full Version : Clay bar scratches

Pages : [1] 2 3

SPIROS ANTONIOU
04-19-2011, 07:45 AM
One question quys.Every time i detailed a car after clay i find some little rids .Thanks god i polished and i get rid of them.

Do you quys have the same problem.I think i can t avoid them.

Ans i use soft clay and lot of lube

SeaJay's
04-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Is it possible that maybe the dirt or containments were just hiding the RIDS and once you clay it they show up?

Or you do think your actually instilling the RIDS? If you do think it's you it has to be that your picking up sand, dirt, etc into the clay and rubbing it across the paint. You have to constantly knead the clay and use a clean section.

SPIROS ANTONIOU
04-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Is it possible that maybe the dirt or containments were just hiding the RIDS and once you clay it they show up?

Or you do think your actually instilling the RIDS? If you do think it's you it has to be that your picking up sand, dirt, etc into the clay and rubbing it across the paint. You have to constantly knead the clay and use a clean section.

It is possibly the dirt and or the containment hide so well the rids?
after half of bonner i knead the clay to a clean section

SeaJay's
04-19-2011, 07:57 AM
It is possibly the dirt and or the containment hide so well the rids?
after half of bonner i knead the clay to a clean section

I believe it is definitely possible that whatever wax or containments that are on the paint hid some RIDS. Deep ones you should be able to see no matter what, but some that are not that deep can show up after claying. IME at least.

And I typically do about the same is half a panel then flip the clay over, then finish that panel. Then I will need for the next section.

Flash Gordon
04-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Try a different claybar and see what happens

What brand are you using?

I recommend Mothers :hungry:

SPIROS ANTONIOU
04-19-2011, 07:59 AM
I believe it is definitely possible that whatever wax or containments that are on the paint hid some RIDS. Deep ones you should be able to see no matter what, but some that are not that deep can show up after claying. IME at least.

And I typically do about the same is half a panel then flip the clay over, then finish that panel. Then I will need for the next section.

I have a brand new audi q5 this weekend and i am afraid not to scratch it.Did this happen to you ?(to think that you creat sctratches)

MrHandWash
04-19-2011, 08:00 AM
As SeaJay said, knead more often, use an additional piece of clay if necessary. Maybe do smaller sections at a time and don't make your strokes as big so you have less chance of pulling microabrasives across the CC.

Switch to a different light-clay and see if that helps, or change your QD/lube. Maybe it's the product or just bad luck, or a really heavily contaiminated finish.

SPIROS ANTONIOU
04-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Try a different claybar and see what happens

What brand are you using?

I recommend Mothers :hungry:

i use Bilt hamper soft clay and water as lube but i also use some car soap

Flash Gordon
04-19-2011, 08:14 AM
i use Bilt hamper soft clay and water as lube but i also use some car soap

Well theres you problem. What you need is Mothers claybar instead ;)

SPIROS ANTONIOU
04-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Well theres you problem. What you need is Mothers claybar instead ;)

Thanks .you think that mother is better?

Flash Gordon
04-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Thanks .you think that mother is better?

Without doubt :props:

SPIROS ANTONIOU
04-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Without doubt :props:

to be honest i ve never tried mothers i will do.. thanks ..

Flash Gordon
04-19-2011, 08:45 AM
to be honest i ve never tried mothers i will do.. thanks ..

You won't be disappointed. I promise :props:

SPIROS ANTONIOU
04-19-2011, 08:46 AM
You won't be disappointed. I promise :props:

i need a lube or i can use car soap?

Flash Gordon
04-19-2011, 08:48 AM
i need a lube or i can use car soap?

I use water, but any of the 3 will work. Find whatever your most comfotable with :)