PDA

View Full Version : Light polish recommendation

Pages : [1] 2

rockford33
04-18-2011, 05:45 PM
So, turns out the cable guy knocked my bottle of SSR1 behind the shelves when I switched from Comcast to Fios and the bottle cracked and leaked all over the floor. Looking for recommendations for a light polish since I have plenty of heavier polishes (SSR2, SSR2.5, Meg's UC, PB's PP).

I only do 2 cars (Subarus), one is Camilla Red Pearl and the other is Regal Blue Pearl, both darker colors. Have an original PC7424 and will be getting the smaller 5.5" LC flat pads (orange and white)with my next AG order (switching from 6.5" LC CCS pads, not getting the results consistently that I would like with 6.5" pads).

My toppers are usually PB's EX-P, boosted with DGAW. I am going to give Collinite 845 a try for one car, and probably stick with the EX-P but boost with giving OCW a try (both part of my next AG order, it is getting to be a big order....).

Any suggestions? I hear good things about Menzerna, not sure which to use (Super Finish Nano Polish?). Any other recommendations (OPT, etc)? I should also note that working in sun is a definite plus since in the summer I usually don't have a shady driveway until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon (although I try to avoid polishing in the blazing sun anyway, sometimes I need to get the car polished in the time I have).

Thanks,
Neil

Flash Gordon
04-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Menzerna Power Finish via yellow pad :props:

rockford33
04-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Menzerna Power Finish via yellow pad :props:

Isn't the LC yellow pad a cutting pad? I just looked and the Menzerna chart indicates a white LC pad. Will the LC yellow and Power Finish finish down to an LSP ready finish without any additional steps (not show car quality, but glassy smooth)?

Thanks,
Neil

Flash Gordon
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Isn't the LC yellow pad a cutting pad? I just looked and the Menzerna chart indicates a white LC pad. Will the LC yellow and Power Finish finish down to an LSP ready finish without any additional steps (not show car quality, but glassy smooth)?

Thanks,
Neil

Forget the charts and graphics and just trust me

Yes, it finishes down LSP ready. Your gonna love it

TornadoRed
04-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Flash, did you start drinking early tonight?

john b
04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
if that newer member uses the yellow pad flash are you goin to go over there and fix it?Im the MAN

Flash Gordon
04-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Flash, did you start drinking early tonight?

Strongest thing I drink is rootbeer :cheers:

if that newer member uses the yellow pad flash are you goin to go over there and fix it?Im the MAN

Fix what? The only thing that will need fixin will be the OP's window blind from peeking outside gawking at his/her brilliant looking paint

M0nk3y
04-18-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm actually on board with Flash here.

Yellow really isn't as aggressive as people think

lexterminator
04-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I have recently tried the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and even on the Lake Country gray pad it's able to take out any hazing or micromarring and leaves a mirror finish, so that's very gently on the paint. Works great on dark colors.

Flash Gordon
04-18-2011, 09:06 PM

I know its hard, but thanks for the support Im the MAN

M0nk3y
04-18-2011, 10:34 PM
I know its hard, but thanks for the support Im the MAN

It's not hard, it's just people don't try and automatically assume things

StephenK
04-19-2011, 12:06 AM

Yellow really isn't as aggressive as people think

this is till more agressive than the orange pad correct? i mean that has been the understanding of everyone i believe. so if yellow will finish LSP ready then why not start him with something less aggressive and just use orange with his choice of finishing polish?

AeroCleanse
04-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Dodo Juice Lime Prime!

silverfox
04-19-2011, 04:38 AM
Wolglfgang finishing glaze with a 5.5" tangerine hydrotech pad. Bank on it. WGFG is made by menzerna and is both a finishing polish and a glaze. A killer combination in my view and it's dummy proof. I would know.

M0nk3y
04-19-2011, 06:46 AM
this is till more agressive than the orange pad correct? i mean that has been the understanding of everyone i believe. so if yellow will finish LSP ready then why not start him with something less aggressive and just use orange with his choice of finishing polish?

On LLC's page, yes it is considered a more aggressive pad.

In reality, the yellow pad just isn't aggressive with certain polishing choices.