PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is Klasse All-in-one Polish?

Pages : [1] 2

rjgervacio
04-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Klasse All-In-One Polish (http://www.autogeek.net/klasseallinone.html)

I know this a very popular product here so I'm certain that a lot of you guys have experience using this.

According to its description, it's a polish + acrylic sealant in one. Does this mean I can save myself from buying a polish and carnauba wax (since sealants are similar to the purpose of wax except that it lasts longer)? Can I use this as a polish then combine it with a high quality carnauba wax, let's say a Collinite 845 for example?

How would you guys normally use this product?

Feed back please

maximus20895
04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Yes and Yes.

Mike Phillips
04-18-2011, 03:47 PM
In generic terms...

It's a cleaner/wax

It cleans, polishes and protects in one step.

The D.O. among us will point out the protection ingredients are not waxy substances but are acrylic in chemical make-up but the bigger point is that in the world there is a category of protecting products generically called,

Cleaner/Waxes

And this product fall into that category.

A lot of people use it like a paint cleaner and then top it with Klasse SG

:)

Mike Phillips
04-18-2011, 03:48 PM
See this article for lots of info on the different categories of waxes/sealants

How To Choose The Right Wax or Paint Sealant for your Detailing Project (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-how-choose-right-wax-paint-sealant-your-detailing-project.html)

Setec Astronomy
04-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah, this is a great base for LSP's, and I guess with the recent aquisition, I can call it an element of the "perfect shine". It's great for removing embedded dirt and water spots, but it's not really going to do anything for swirls, so it won't replace a polish in that respect. It's also good on many kinds of trim. Just use a very small amount, and don't let it dry too long or it will be difficult to remove. Be especially careful about getting extra along panel edges or other crevices..I've used too much by machine and built some up in that manner that I didn't notice and it was like a rock when I tried to get it off.

ScottB
04-18-2011, 06:17 PM
It is a chemical cleaner with some acrylic protection ...

rjgervacio
04-18-2011, 09:37 PM
See this article for lots of info on the different categories of waxes/sealants

How To Choose The Right Wax or Paint Sealant for your Detailing Project (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-how-choose-right-wax-paint-sealant-your-detailing-project.html)

Very nice article Mike! Thanks! It's going to help me a lot when I decide to make the purchase.

I now get the concept of wax/sealant cleaner and wax/sealant finish. My question is, can you combine wax and sealant together? (e.g. Klasse AIO Polish (sealant cleaner ) with Poorboy's World Natty’s Paste Wax – BLUE (http://www.autogeek.net/nattys-blue.html) (wax finish)) Or is it better to stick with all sealants or all wax?

rjgervacio
04-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah, this is a great base for LSP's, and I guess with the recent aquisition, I can call it an element of the "perfect shine". It's great for removing embedded dirt and water spots, but it's not really going to do anything for swirls, so it won't replace a polish in that respect. It's also good on many kinds of trim. Just use a very small amount, and don't let it dry too long or it will be difficult to remove. Be especially careful about getting extra along panel edges or other crevices..I've used too much by machine and built some up in that manner that I didn't notice and it was like a rock when I tried to get it off.

What is LSP's?

UCD
04-18-2011, 09:46 PM
What is LSP's?
LSP -Last Step Product, i.e., wax or sealant

DetailJunky1
04-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Klasse AIO is a great cleaner and extra mild polish. Non abrasive so it will not cut, of course that depends on your equipment and you!!! I use it with a PC. It will provide a nice shine. Klasse AIO It will find dirt to pick up even directly after having washed your car. It is the ultimate pre-step before the applying a sealant, or wax, as it will ensure a clean surface thus promoting proper sealant/wax adhesion. Klasse AIO can be used a couple of different ways.

You can use it to actually wash your car, but that can be expensive..
You can mix a couple of teaspoons directly into your car wash soap.
You can polish with it, or

I personally Klasse AIO when I clay. I add it to my detail spray. Approximately 4 parts detail spray to 1 part Klasse AIO. Give it a mix and start claying. You will be surprised how much extra dirt is lifted from the surface. I found that it works better with a speedy surface prep towel.

Polishing a dirty surface (even after you wash it) without using this product, or products like it will contaminate your pads quickly. A pad loaded with dirt will reduce your polishing effectiveness, thus causing you added aggravation and work. At the end of a long polish your pads will be less dirty. Remember detail clean. Everything must be clean, makes for an easy job.

Use it how you feel comfortable. All around good product.

Paul A.
04-30-2014, 02:27 PM
I would love to see it topped with Coll 845! Just let the Klasse fully cure first.

Becciasm
04-30-2014, 02:42 PM
Klasse AIO + 845 is a popular combination for sure. No issues that i've seen with topping anything over KAIO.

tommygee
04-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Wash Rinse Dry Clay Klasse AIO /3 Coats Klasse SG /2 Coats 845 and then continue to buy various QDs Spray waxes MF towels etc.. from AG. You then have a: Detailng Junkie! Thank you.

Mike Phillips
04-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Here's some reading fodder....

LSP - The definition and the story behind the term (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/24073-lsp-definition-story-behind-term.html)

LSP Ready - Definition (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/39661-lsp-ready-definition.html)

FUNX650
04-30-2014, 03:28 PM
I usually use Klasse AIO (K-AIO) as part of the
"Klasse Twins" application.

That is:
After the K-AIO application,
I apply a layer of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze:
(K-HGSG).

And don't worry...K-HGSG IS a Sealant, not a glaze.

Bob