PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polishes vs. PB SSR's

Pages : [1] 2

Bigfoot
01-03-2007, 02:17 AM
I'm thinking about buying either or, but I have no garage and need to work outside in direct sunlight. I know PB will do the job easy, but I heard it kinda dusts. So my decision is on your hands: OP and OC, or SSR1 and SSR2.5??:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Joey

CalgaryDetail
01-03-2007, 02:23 AM
I have used the pb;s stuff a while ago, i was less then imprrsed. I dindt think it had the cut i wanted, it took Forever to break down and dusted like mad, i had to wash the car after,

I now use optium. i get little to no dusting, it breaks down relitivly quickly (i use a pc for btoh) and has a nice cut to it, i know how it works, and how i need to use it to get my desired results. I would say go with optimum

supercharged
01-03-2007, 05:07 AM
Poorboy's dusts a little, so if you are worrying about that go with Optimum - a little less dust. Or try Pinnacle XMT series.

Surfer
01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm a big fan of Opitmum Polish and Optimum Compound, if Compound can't get it out then you need a rotary lol. But even the compound finishes down very nicely, it's about the same as SSR3 (i.e. very agressive) but SSR3 will leave marring that needs to be cleared up, OC doesn't. The Polish is very versitile, use a cutting pad and it for nice correction, or a finising pad and it acts like a polish designed specifically for finishing. Both have long work times and don't dust.

ScottB
01-03-2007, 05:38 PM
both are great products will small weaknesses (dust) but great strength.

sparkie
01-04-2007, 12:47 AM
OC has an edge over SSR3 IMO so far. But I haven't used them enough to really say.

Surfer
01-04-2007, 12:54 AM
both are great products will small weaknesses (dust) but great strength.Optimum doesn't dust, at least not for me?

Sparkie - agree, especially the new formula OC, has a little more bite then SSR3 (if you need anymore you need a rotary lol) but finishes down much better, SSR3 will leave marring whereas OC can usually be topped with an LSP, finishes down like a polish.

Sevenrd
01-04-2007, 01:42 AM
I've used OP and SSR1, 2.5 & 3. All are good polishes IMO. The only issue I have is PB's fairly excessive dusting, which isn't an issue with OP.

Nuke33
01-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Ive been useing Optimum seem to work well for me :) but im a newbie so thats just my .02

D
01-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Dont have any complaints about the PB, but it does dust.

Bobjones
01-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Menzerna and PB's for me, won't use Optimum becuase of the inconsitent results...that and the DP products are also good

nick19
01-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Inconsistent!? :confused: What specifically do you mean by that?

I used OC today, for the first time, and enjoy using it, and will continue using it.

PhaRO
01-13-2007, 04:28 PM
I've used all the SSRs and like them except for dusting. At times I've had them dust terribly. I've recently tried Optimum Polish and Poli Seal. Limited use so far but I've been very pleased and haven't noticed any dusting.

Whitethunder46
01-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I have the XMT series and am learning more about it every time I use it. Love it more every time also.

However, I am about to order some OC as XMT #3 isn't quite strong enough for me in some rare cases.

Juztang
01-13-2007, 05:10 PM
It is hard to beat the results achieved with Optimum. I use the PB SSR line in the past and use nothing but Optimum now. Every once in a while I use the Menzerna FPII. With the Optimum it can be worked in for a long time without the dust. The Compound works great and actually finishes off really well. The new HyperCompound works awesome with the rotary. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the Optimum line of polishes.