PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Surfer
04-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Stupid question, I live in Boca Raton. Could I just drive to Palm Beach Motoring Accessories/Autogeek store and pick up the stuff/kits instead of buying online. Are the deals the same? Still trying to figure out if I should buy the Porter Cable Optimum kit, or just get the PC at lowes and then buy a nice pad kit, along with my own products etc.

We have a couple suv's. Just sold my black 03' Mountaineer which was the Premier Edtion (ie. monotone, ie. sucked to keep clean lol). Still have my 00' Mountaineer which is white.

MikeyC
04-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Since Autogeek is in Stuart and you drive an SUV the gas might cost more than the shipping would. :D I was just in Boca Raton visiting my parents for a couple weeks and I had the same thought. However, when I saw it was about an hour drive I scrapped the idea.

I can tell you a lot of people buy their PC at Lowe's because they charge about $100 for it. Then they buy their pads, polishes, etc. on-line. This is what I did. It was the cheapest way to do it.

Surfer
04-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Meh, thought it was closer. Thought it was somewhere close in West Palm lol. Killrwheels told me there was a place in Boca called Drivers Seat that Autogeek helps stock. I'll pry check them out later on.

I think I'm going to stick with Optimum Polish, Optimum Car Wax, and UUP. Still not sure if I should maybe grab some AIO as well, I still have some Megs Cleaner wax, is that kinda the same thing? I'm really impressed by the Optimum products, especially for the money, buddy at the office used them on his e39 M5....wow.

ScottB
04-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Meh, thought it was closer. Thought it was somewhere close in West Palm lol. Killrwheels told me there was a place in Boca called Drivers Seat that Autogeek helps stock. I'll pry check them out later on.

I think I'm going to stick with Optimum Polish, Optimum Car Wax, and UUP. Still not sure if I should maybe grab some AIO as well, I still have some Megs Cleaner wax, is that kinda the same thing? I'm really impressed by the Optimum products, especially for the money, buddy at the office used them on his e39 M5....wow.

I dont remember Drivers Seat carrying the Optimum line, you might wanna call first. They carry several lines (DP, Pinnacle, Klasse, Wolfgang, Megs, P21S). But remember their space is rather limited versus the AG warehouse. Wait till you see the new warehouse being built.

AG is in Stuart ... and is a heck of a drive even from my home. I would love to visit the guys/gals often but truth is it is more than an hour each way. (well we did it in 45 minutes with Detailfest, but Vette needed to be broken in). The shipping price is normal , and the benefit of being in S Florida means that you will have your orders next day.

Surfer
04-22-2006, 02:16 PM
I dont remember Drivers Seat carrying the Optimum line, you might wanna call first. They carry several lines (DP, Pinnacle, Klasse, Wolfgang, Megs, P21S). But remember their space is rather limited versus the AG warehouse. Wait till you see the new warehouse being built.

AG is in Stuart ... and is a heck of a drive even from my home. I would love to visit the guys/gals often but truth is it is more than an hour each way. (well we did it in 45 minutes with Detailfest, but Vette needed to be broken in). The shipping price is normal , and the benefit of being in S Florida means that you will have your orders next day.Stopped by there after the Mall earlier. But yeh, they don't carry Optimum there, they can order it (and whatever else) that's from the site from what they said. All these years and I always saw the store there but never went in, thought it was part of that Car and Driver place or whatever it was called lol. Cool little setup, but seems a lot cheaper to just buy through Autogeek:D

Killrwheels, we'll definitley meet up sometime, I know both you and I are pretty busy at the moment. Two neighbors both picked up new C6's, tried talking one into the Z06 but he didn't seem to care. Their more of the bling/cruising crowd I guess LOL. I've ridden in the new Z and it's a great car, very powerful and felt like it had much sharper reactions then the C5Z. Later this summer I'm looking to add hopefully a 01-02 Viper GTS, preferrably in Sapphire Blue and stripes. Buddy has an 01' ACR and know a few others with SRT's, love that brutal, raw, connected feel. They are incredible on a road course.

Yeh, Stuart is kinda far. I had to run up to Port St Lucie for a client the other week, took A1A back....don't think I've ever driven 2-3 hours at 30 mph LOL.

Surfer
04-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I'll be back, Sister brought over some of her very hot friends over and their chilling in our pool. Time to go join them, I wonder if I can "wax" them.....

Maybe I'll post some "detailed" photos later, heh :D

Kelso
04-22-2006, 09:27 PM
if your getting a viper, id suggest buying the srt instead. you can watch the top gear review on the new srt on www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com) and actually id suggest watching any video by top gear or fitfth gear. they are great clips of the british tv shows. basically the old viper was brutally put together in a shed with parts from other dodge's. the new one is about 100X better in every aspect. they also reviewed the c6 and i was surprised to learn it comes with leaf springs...blew my mind away:eek: anyways yea watch the videos. very informative on cars and utterly hilarious!

Surfer
04-23-2006, 01:06 AM
if your getting a viper, id suggest buying the srt instead. you can watch the top gear review on the new srt on www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com) and actually id suggest watching any video by top gear or fitfth gear. they are great clips of the british tv shows. basically the old viper was brutally put together in a shed with parts from other dodge's. the new one is about 100X better in every aspect. they also reviewed the c6 and i was surprised to learn it comes with leaf springs...blew my mind away:eek: anyways yea watch the videos. very informative on cars and utterly hilarious!We already have experience with them ;) Topgear is bs anyway, it's entertainment, take it with a grain of salt. The Vipers are put together extremely well, common misconception. It was never meant to be refined, but instead a pure driver's car with no electronic aids. Plus the genII (GTS) has classic lines and shape, drop dead gorgeous. SRT is great, but I prefer the GTS looks and feel. It's incredible on a road course, but you have to know how to controll it, make one little mistake and it will bite your ass back quick as hell lol. I'm putting a lot into business, so as long as it continues the way it is.....

Killrwheels you ever take your C6 to Moroso or Sebring for the tracks (road course, not 1/4)? I'm usually up at either with an prepped 80' 911 SC that I run with a family friend. Prefer Sebring, but it's a long drive. Haven't had much time lately though, hopefully get back into racing this summer.

ScottB
04-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Killrwheels you ever take your C6 to Moroso or Sebring for the tracks (road course, not 1/4)? I'm usually up at either with an prepped 80' 911 SC that I run with a family friend. Prefer Sebring, but it's a long drive. Haven't had much time lately though, hopefully get back into racing this summer.

Nada ....

not really a racer or roadcourser , just like nice cars. Truthfully at this point I would be just as happy in a STS-V. Bought the Vette because my last one was totaled after a 78 year old man drove into me. I walked away with one scratch ...

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Sep30_03.JPG
http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Corvette_Parts_007.jpg

Surfer
04-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Ouch...one thing I really like about the Vette is it's actually fairly decent overall. The new C6 rides and drives great and has great gas mileage. So you basically have a car with a split personality, nice and comfortable with good gas mileage when you want it, and then full on performance when you need it. Viper on the other hand, is basically the anti-christ, though I'm pry one of the few that actually finds the car very comfortable, must be the performance blood in me lol :cool:

You have a great looking C6. Did you think about the Z? Previous Vette's didn't really do it for me, they were missing that raw, connected feel that I love. The new Z06 though changed that, love the car and would love to get one but not at the current dealer gouging. Pass a yellow and blue one on the way to work almost every morning on A1A. Saw a Ford GT the other day here with the Gulf Colors that looked like it had just been polished and waxed, what a car and it must have had the Borla exhaust and headers that I've heard other GT owners talk about b/c it was freaking loud :eek: