PDA

View Full Version : Clean/Protecet Rear Deck

Marre
04-18-2011, 03:16 PM
How can I clean/protect the interior rear deck where it meets the glass without getting the chemicals on the glass. Where they meet is very narrow and I always manage to smear the glass. It would be really nice if I could stop doing this!

Ted S.
04-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Tape off the glass.
:props:

poweraid
04-18-2011, 04:35 PM
id just do the rear deck first and then the glass.

Marre
04-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks, Ted. Good idea!: Now why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, I'm detail handicapped.:o

Marre
04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
id just do the rear deck first and then the glass.

This is what I was doing, but to use enough force to clean the glass I was wiping some of the protector off the deck. Even when I gave the stuff time to dry. Part of the problem is it is so awkward to get at, both the glass and the deck, and my back has seen better days.:p

Flash Gordon
04-18-2011, 05:03 PM
If its a super tight area, I use a foam paint brush

poweraid
04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
they do make a window cleaning thingamajig lol on a handle with like a triangle head to get down in there easier . I don't use it though. if u gotta work that hard at cleaning u windows must have a lot of crud on em .

Marre
04-18-2011, 07:58 PM

This is also a great idea.:xyxthumbs: Think I will stop on the way home tonight at the hardware store and see what they have.

they do make a window cleaning thingamajig lol on a handle with like a triangle head to get down in there easier . I don't use it though. if u gotta work that hard at cleaning u windows must have a lot of crud on em .

I know the thingamajig you're talking about lol. I think it is made by Stoner. It actually looks too big to fit. I think if a person lets their interior windows get nasty then I doubt they are concerned about cleaning/protecting the rear deck!http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

Marre
04-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh, and the reason I need to use force on the glass is because the protector smears around and is hard to get off, not because my windows are already disgusting!

Marre
04-19-2011, 07:56 PM

Bought a set last night and just finished using one of them in the tight spots. Amazing! Now I can think of all sorts of places on and in the car these will come in handy.
Thanks, Flash Gordon.

Flash Gordon
04-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Bought a set last night and just finished using one of them in the tight spots. Amazing! Now I can think of all sorts of places on and in the car these will come in handy.
Thanks, Flash Gordon.

Your very welcome

They also come in an assortment of sizes in case you haven't already found out

Belair
04-19-2011, 08:39 PM
That really is an obvious but 'I never thought of that' tool. Good suggestion Flash.