PDA

View Full Version : d151 and ipa mix up

jamores23
04-18-2011, 09:06 AM
i got some holograms using a rotary with d151 via white pad. I didnt use any water to work the product in a bit longer i noticed it was drying quickly as i was machining it. would the spray of water help this? im going to be using 151 with a DA today and a white pad and tips?

Also I read that "for cquartz" you can use a ipa wipe down with alcohol and krud kutter (KK) diluted with water. Any input on this?

Mike Phillips
04-18-2011, 09:23 AM
would the spray of water help this?

Do you mean, would a spray of water prevent rotary buffer induced holograms from using D151 with a foam polishing pad?

My answer would be "no", at least not if you know how to inspect for them...

Starting with the rotary and finishing with the DA using the same product and even pad if if it's small enough to work on the DA will fix the problem.

:)

jamores23
04-18-2011, 09:25 AM
i think the big factor was that the pad was kind of warped "rainbow shaped" the center stuck out more. I threw that pad away already. i meant the spray of water to have a longer working time.

Mike Phillips
04-18-2011, 09:36 AM
i think the big factor was that the pad was kind of warped "rainbow shaped" the center stuck out more. I threw that pad away already. i meant the spray of water to have a longer working time.

Typically waxes and sealants are not water-soluble, that's a good thing otherwise they would wash off in the rain.

Misting some water onto the panel and then working with the D151 probably would increase the buffing cycle of the product. It might make wipe-off easier or harder... you won't know until you try...

If you're working on a neglected finish, it's a good idea to use your product heavy or wet, this means to use more than normal so you have plenty of "product" on the surface working for you.

:)