PDA

View Full Version : New from New York

Chris M.
04-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Chris and I live in Orange County, NY. I have been detailing cars since the mid '80's. I started with my parents vehicles and eventually got a job with a detailing company. After several years, I moved on and just maintained my personal and family vehicles. This past winter, I was bitten by the "detail bug", and after doing a Google search, I found myself here, reading about all the new products and techniques in car detailing. So, after buying several hundred dollars worth of supplies, and reading and re-reading Mike's articles, I did my first paint correction to a 2003 Ford Expedition (white). I wish I had pictures for everyone before I started, but after I did my test section, I couldn't believe the results! I was so amazed, that I just wanted to get it done. Now that it's finished, the "boss" doesn't want it to come out of the garage!

I would like to thank everyone here for posting their tips and suggestions. Also, Mike's "how to" videos were a big help. Thank you, Mike.

I look forward to learning more and hopefully I'll be able to share my knowledge with everybody here.

DaHen
04-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Chris.

Many of us have also been attacked by that same "detail bug".

BobbyG
04-18-2011, 06:05 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Chris!

Autogeek is home to the many who suffer from the same affliction as you.....:laughing:

This is a great place and I'm certain that you'll enjoy your stay....:props:

jpegs13
04-18-2011, 06:31 AM
Welcome from a fellow New Yawka. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Meghan
04-18-2011, 09:25 AM
:welcome:

Mike Phillips
04-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

So, after buying several hundred dollars worth of supplies, and reading and re-reading Mike's articles, I did my first paint correction to a 2003 Ford Expedition (white). I wish I had pictures for everyone before I started, but after I did my test section, I couldn't believe the results! I was so amazed, that I just wanted to get it done.

Now that it's finished, the "boss" doesn't want it to come out of the garage!

Ha ha... that's funny...

I look forward to learning more and hopefully I'll be able to share my knowledge with everybody here.

Stellar forum made up from stellar forum members...

Welcome aboard...

:xyxthumbs:

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
04-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome from Rockland County!! Be sure to keep an eye out for Poorboy's World Detailing Weekend (July 2nd and 3rd It looks like)

Mazda.Mark
04-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Welcome! My wife is from orange County!! Campbell Hall to be exact she went to Washingtonville High School. Glad you made the plunge!

Chris M.
04-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Thank you everyone. I will have to try and make Poorboy's World detailing weekend.... I am a Meguiar's fan , but I am always willing to try something new! Trumbo S10....truth be told, I grew up in Mahwah, NJ....but have been living in NY for @ 9 years now. My business partner on the other hand, grew up in Campbell Hall and he graduated from Wahingtonville High also! Small world....huh...LOL.

Mazda.Mark
04-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Thank you everyone. I will have to try and make Poorboy's World detailing weekend.... I am a Meguiar's fan , but I am always willing to try something new! Trumbo S10....truth be told, I grew up in Mahwah, NJ....but have been living in NY for @ 9 years now. My business partner on the other hand, grew up in Campbell Hall and he graduated from Wahingtonville High also! Small world....huh...LOL.

Hahah very small! good luck with the business!