PDA

View Full Version : MF Towels from Doctor Joe

rjgervacio
04-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Just wondering if anyone of you has used the towels from Dr. Joe (link removed to competitor site) ? They sell microfibers, hack (surgical), terry, etc. in bulk in a really good price. Any thoughts?

ExoticAutoDetai
04-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Have you tried any of them? They got pretty good prices.

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

rjgervacio
04-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Have you tried any of them? They got pretty good prices.

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

No I haven't but I'm thinking of getting them. I just want to see if anyone had experience with them?

Ted S.
04-17-2011, 01:33 PM
They look alot like wally world MF's and are way too cheap. I think they may be too good to be true.

Flash Gordon
04-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Just wondering if anyone of you has used the towels from Dr. Joe (link removed to competitor site) ? They sell microfibers, Hack (surgical), terry, etc. in bulk in a really good price. Any thoughts?

That one word made me loose intrest. Thats a dirty word around these parts :)

ExoticAutoDetai
04-17-2011, 02:25 PM
That one word made me loose intrest. Thats a dirty word around these parts :)

I think he meant to say Huck

rjgervacio
04-17-2011, 04:04 PM
I think he meant to say Huck

you're right.. that's a typo. my bad.

Joe@Superior Shine
04-17-2011, 05:47 PM
About 10 years ago or so "Joe" jr broke away from his parents towel biz, beautiful toweling. A nasty battle went on as competitors. They had ads in industry magazines knocking each-other. I don't know the whole story or if there even much of a story other than that. All I know if family is first to me. I chose years ago to sty away from both of them.

rjgervacio
04-18-2011, 08:11 AM
About 10 years ago or so "Joe" jr broke away from his parents towel biz, beautiful toweling. A nasty battle went on as competitors. They had ads in industry magazines knocking each-other. I don't know the whole story or if there even much of a story other than that. All I know if family is first to me. I chose years ago to sty away from both of them.

Hmmm... is that so? Alright, I'll keep them in mind. I'm just trying to find some alternative products that are a lil bit more economical yet have great quality compared to Cobra towels.

HeavyMetal
04-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Hmmm... is that so? Alright, I'll keep them in mind. I'm just trying to find some alternative products that are a lil bit more economical yet have great quality compared to Cobra towels.

I know the guys here hate 'em, but I still like the mf's from Wally World and Autozone. I have no problem with them. I have a few more expensive ones and I can't really tell the diff. It's up to you.

rjgervacio
04-18-2011, 08:50 AM
I know the guys here hate 'em, but I still like the mf's from Wally World and Autozone. I have no problem with them. I have a few more expensive ones and I can't really tell the diff. It's up to you.

Hmmm. Interesting... there is an Autozone nearby my house too. Any particular brand from them or is it generic? What's Wally World?

Setec Astronomy
04-18-2011, 08:51 AM

Boy there's some really crappy ones at Wal-Mart, but they have gotten better. I was just there and they have the Microtex "Detailing Towels" at 2/$3 which are really pretty nice, and a multi-color 15-pack for $10 of some lower end towels that are really pretty good considering what they used to sell at that price point.

ShaunD
04-18-2011, 09:02 AM
I bought my first MF drying towel and cloths from wally's back in 04. The towel is a microtex(I only remember what brand it is because I left the tag on there for so long). The cloths are cheaper quality but durable. Just not very soft for polishing. You get what you pay for. I am on the search for some economic MF's so I stay away from my pricier AG Cobra towels.:)

rjgervacio
04-18-2011, 09:20 AM
I think I can stock up on "economy grade" mf towels from Walmart, Autozone, Pep Boys, etc. for drying purposes. Then I'll just have to find a pretty good one for final finishing touches.

According to Mike Phillip's article (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/21944-4-minimum-categories-wiping-cloths.html), you need to classify the mf towels based on its different purpose.