PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for detailing?

Pages : [1] 2

rneily
01-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Here is a weird question... What kind of shoes do you guys wear when washing/detailing?

If my feet get wet/cold it generally makes my uncomfortable when standing for long periods of time. When I do take my shoes and socks off, my feet are withered prunes if they get wet...

Sneakers/Tennis Shoes are just not doing it. I tried wearing my duck boots, but then I wasnt able to bend my ankles :)

Kelso
01-02-2007, 11:17 PM
i have some terribly uncomfortable yet very cheap boots from walmart i where at work...waterproof is all i care about. but if your only doing one car and your feet get pruny....too much water and your washing too long, which means yours cars really dirty so you dont wash enough!just messin with ya

nick19
01-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Two words: FOAM GUN! My clothes don't even get wet... :cheers:

Surfer
01-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Ha, I just washed one of our cars today, barefooted.....but I live in FL :D

ryandamartini
01-02-2007, 11:25 PM
I invested in a pair of timberlands. If Im going to be on my feet alot, I want something to properly support my feet / ankles. Waterproof and comfort, you cant lose with a good pair of Timbs.

Everyone is recently wearing them as fassion... make no mistake, they take a beating above any other show I have used to date.

nick19
01-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I do too.. but it rained in Orlando, so no wash with SSW for me. But I detail my own cars barefooted.. and slip into sandals! LOL :awesome:

Back on topic now...

Surfer
01-02-2007, 11:36 PM
I invested in a pair of timberlands. If Im going to be on my feet alot, I want something to properly support my feet / ankles. Waterproof and comfort, you cant lose with a good pair of Timbs.

Everyone is recently wearing them as fassion... make no mistake, they take a beating above any other show I have used to date.Yeh but aren't Timbs $$? Or at least used to be. I remember buying a pair way, way back freshman year in high school when it started getting popular, just the regular brown leather low cut, think they were like $130....not sure I'd want to wash cars in them:D

nick19
01-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Yep, same price. I wore them too in HS..

Also, look into a "water proofer" sold at Finishline, Champs, etc. I coat my basketball shoes once a week in it, to repel water. I have some shoes worth a few hundreds of dollars, and I make sure they stay in pristine condition.

supercharged
01-03-2007, 02:09 AM
I wear Nike basketball shoes. It made out of leather all the way around (unlike running or walking shoes, which are made out of cloth). Once in a while I might get a little water in them, but overall they are just fine.

P1et
01-03-2007, 05:54 AM
Flip flops all the way!!!

trhland
01-03-2007, 06:23 AM
i detail in my slippers and bathrobe. hey i want to be comfortable :D :D :D my customers look at me funny when im detailing there car. .i just look at them and smile .okok just kidding !!! that would be funny though

dengood1
01-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Ha, I just washed one of our cars today, barefooted.....but I live in FL :D

Me too---last night! At least until I stepped on a friggin acorn:eek: AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!:mad::mad:

Gary Sword
01-03-2007, 08:07 AM
I usually ware water shoes. They are real comfortable and it does not matter if they get wet and they dry real fast.

justin_murphy
01-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Not weird to post this at all!

My one request for Christmas were the boots that I needed not wanted!

Itasca Appalachian Hikers. They were on closeout at a local store and I cannot find a link for them anywhere on the net. I've worn them everyday since the 25th and they are waterproof and very warm due to having Thinsulate. My legs and back feel better as well.

I recommend this company to anyone. I think they cost around 70-80.00.

Russecu
01-03-2007, 08:16 AM
I usually wear my boots with gore-tex or my waterproofed uninsulated boots. I have been debating on trying Muckboots. They have some low cut ones that may work. Not the best looking things but hey they are comfortable. I have a pair for hunting and they also keep your feet surprisingly warm.