PDA

View Full Version : Unfotunate discovery of stain stripper

Pages : [1] 2

Bates Detailing
04-15-2011, 05:41 PM
So I take a pluggin air freshner out of the plug last night cause it was overwhelming on low setting...... set it on the table..... went to go put it back on this afternoon..... and this is what I see....................

Elite Pro
04-15-2011, 05:44 PM
WOW:eek:
thats sucks

Bates Detailing
04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Yes - it sucks really bad...... and I am now wondering how healthy this is for my pregnant betterhalf to be breathing this in. Something this strong to remove stain that quickly cant be good to breathe.

jwellsii
04-15-2011, 05:52 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!! I don't think you can buff that out :cry::bash:

maximus20895
04-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I would bet fifty million it's fine to breath. Chances are the company who you bought it from takes in billions so they know what they are doing.

It kinda looks like USA though.

StephenK
04-15-2011, 06:12 PM
wow. that does make me wonder how safe it is to breath. but then again i dont use the plug ins are even candles. if i want to change to smell of the house or just a room i use a product called Scentsy.

richy
04-15-2011, 06:35 PM
wow. that does make me wonder how safe it is to breath. but then again i dont use the plug ins are even candles. if i want to change to smell of the house or just a room i use a product called Scentsy.

...I just get my wife to pull my finger...

ScubaCougr
04-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Many furniture finishes are shellac, an alcohol based finish, not polyurethane. I wouldn't be surprised if there's alcohol in the liquid of the air freshener. Doubtful there's any hazard for your BH.

You can also save the table too. Get some Formby's at the hardware store and refinish the top. Consider topping it with a polyurethane varnish (or several coats of Souverain).

Flash Gordon
04-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Call an Attorney and prepare for litigation

I think you could get rich off this :)

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
04-15-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm guessing you left the air freshened laying down as opposed to upright. That is why the liquid leaked. It is liquid in a non sealed system. I see no reason to fret.

Sent using Tapatalk

Bates Detailing
04-15-2011, 07:30 PM
...I just get my wife to pull my finger...

:laughing:

Many furniture finishes are shellac, an alcohol based finish, not polyurethane. I wouldn't be surprised if there's alcohol in the liquid of the air freshener. Doubtful there's any hazard for your BH.

You can also save the table too. Get some Formby's at the hardware store and refinish the top. Consider topping it with a polyurethane varnish (or several coats of Souverain).

Good info - thanx man

Call an Attorney and prepare for litigation

I think you could get rich off this :)

No thank you, not really my style lol.

I'm guessing you left the air freshened laying down as opposed to upright. That is why the liquid leaked. It is liquid in a non sealed system. I see no reason to fret.

Sent using Tapatalk

I "fret" cause my nice table is jacked up.

RTexasF
04-15-2011, 07:37 PM
I'll bet the table smells good though :poke:

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
04-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I "fret" cause my nice table is jacked up.

I hear you and I understand your frustration but again it contains liquid and it is not a "sealed" device.

My comment about not to fret was in response to your concern for your family breathing in the scent.

Sent using Tapatalk

Rayaz
04-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Wolfgang twins, 3.0, a coat of Collinite and call me in the morning...

Seriously, shoot over to Home Depot or Lowe's and ask the paint section for some stripper and just take the rest of the factory finish off. Then use an air freshener proof urethane. About two hours work over two days. Don't ask me how I know this...If the wife is mad, buy purse and flowers.

Bates Detailing
04-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Wolfgang twins, 3.0, a coat of Collinite and call me in the morning...

Seriously, shoot over to Home Depot or Lowe's and ask the paint section for some stripper and just take the rest of the factory finish off. Then use an air freshener proof urethane. About two hours work over two days. Don't ask me how I know this...If the wife is mad, buy purse and flowers.

May do this - movin in a month so may be a good time to work on it..... and my betterhalf's soft spot is a trip to Charming Charlies - unfortunately to make her happy I have to be there the whole time lol.