PDA

View Full Version : MicroTex Microfiber???

AfireINSIDE
01-02-2007, 09:32 PM
I just got back from wal mart (SHAME ON ME..... NON UNION..... I KNOW..........) and got a pack of 25ct 14"x14" microfibers for $9.90! They are a 70%ployester 30%polyamide blend the same as was sent by AG fro part of my xmas gift a few weeks ago. Also this is the same blend as Cobras?? Should I use these? if they are ok to use then I am buying them out lol. I tried them on a old CD and not a scratch after aggressive rubbing.

turbos17
01-02-2007, 09:57 PM
(SHAME ON ME..... NON UNION..... I KNOW..........) .

ROFL! I say use them but I would recommend washing them first and taking off all there little tags! :righton:

AfireINSIDE
01-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Is this a similar blend as say Cobras?

Surfer
01-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Not sure (think mine are 70/30 or 75/25 something like that), but I didn't like the Micros in WalMart/Costco etc, they seem to fall apart and shed. On the otehr hand for OTC, I love Targets Vroom orange micros and a couple green Viking micros from Kmart (they even have a nice satin/silk edging for surround), their basically just as good as my Cobras, Poorboys, and Pakshak towels. Been almost a year and they've held up the same, still soft, no marring on cd's and don't shed.

JeffW
01-03-2007, 11:14 AM
I have some MicroTex MF from Wally World, too, but they never touch my paint ! Only Cobras touch my paint.

Relegate the MicroTex to windows, wheels, dash, and the like. They work great for these detailing needs.

trhland
01-03-2007, 11:54 AM
they will be fine70/30 are softer then 80/20 .i bought some off ebay abd there fine not sure what name brand they are but there nice.

ScottB
01-03-2007, 05:32 PM
there are different grades and different blends, the real problem with store bought towels is they can vary so differently from one to another. There is no real scrutiny over them, just sold in bulk. I always suggest testing with cd after the 1st wash.

justin_murphy
01-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I saw the same deal. I got them for glass only though. I took them home and washed them in hot water. I use their mitts and love them. I use them for interiot dressing. I've had mine since March and the are all still going strong.

I like them. You will too.

ltoman
01-03-2007, 05:49 PM
I saw the same deal. I got them for glass only though. I took them home and washed them in hot water. I use their mitts and love them. I use them for interiot dressing. I've had mine since March and the are all still going strong.

I like them. You will too.
But Justin you work miracles with anything!:) Im the MAN