PDA

View Full Version : mf towel dedication

poweraid
04-14-2011, 07:39 PM
i could use some feedback on how the experienced-pros dedicate their mf towels usage to avoid and cross contamination. i currently have 3 colors of mf towels- one brand, for all purpose polish-wipe-buff ,and then an assortment of mixed colors. i also have mf windsheild and glass cloths, and waffle weave for drying
my thoughts are for the all purpose mf towels
1. exterior - wheels and chrome,
2. exterior - paint for buff of polish and sealants and wax
3. interior - cleaning and protectant
4. exterior - for quick detailers, spray on wipe offs, drying of waterless wash and rinseless wash.

some input and/or correction would be greatly appreciated

Rsurfer
04-14-2011, 07:44 PM
i could use some feedback on how the experienced-pros dedicate their mf towels usage to avoid and cross contamination. i currently have 3 colors of mf towels- one brand, for all purpose polish-wipe-buff ,and then an assortment of mixed colors. i also have mf windsheild and glass cloths, and waffle weave for drying
my thoughts are for the all purpose mf towels
1. exterior - wheels and chrome,
2. exterior - paint for buff of polish and sealants and wax
3. interior - cleaning and protectant
4. exterior - for quick detailers, spray on wipe offs, drying of waterless wash and rinseless wash.

some input and/or correction would be greatly appreciated
Sounds good, now you'll need about 50 mf's to make four separate washing worthwhile. :xyxthumbs:

poweraid
04-14-2011, 07:54 PM
i have plenty of towels, 200+ . now do i wash each dedicated towel seperatly from each other or can i just wash them all together? also how long can i let these towels sit before i wash them ? should i keep them soaked in water or something until i accuire enough for a wash load

Quattro3.2
04-14-2011, 08:17 PM
i am going to be doing my first full detail this weekend, so I will finally be able to use all my MF. I will take some pictures of different uses.

Rsurfer
04-14-2011, 09:02 PM
i have plenty of towels, 200+ . now do i wash each dedicated towel seperatly from each other or can i just wash them all together? also how long can i let these towels sit before i wash them ? should i keep them soaked in water or something until i accuire enough for a wash load
I wash in batches as follows:
Wheels
Glass
Drying
Wax
The sooner you wash the stained towels the better. I do sometimes soak the engine/wheel towels in APC for days with no problems.