PDA

View Full Version : mf towels

jamores23
04-14-2011, 05:04 PM
my mf towel leaves so much lint after cleaning the windows its ridiculous! No I didnt use a cobra towel i used one of the cheapies form autozone lol. Im thinking about ordering some iron x and c quartz. its it necessary to get the ironx gel soap AND the ironx iron remover?? i definitely have to get RELOAD!!!!!

jamores23
04-14-2011, 07:11 PM
?

Rsurfer
04-14-2011, 07:16 PM
?
You should have the title as IronX and CQuartz and not mf towels if you want more replies to your question.

jamores23
04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
well i wanted to know whats the best way to do glass without leaving lint behind as well

Rsurfer
04-14-2011, 07:26 PM
well i wanted to know whats the best way to do glass without leaving lint behind as well
Then you should have started two different threads.

seaho
04-14-2011, 07:35 PM
I have tried alot of towels for cleaning glass(microfiber), and even the age old newspaper. By far the best towels I have ever used are surgical towels(called "huck" towels by some). They are used in hospitals for procedures, and are available from medical supply stores, or if you are lucky, someone who works for a hospital or such( only the ones that are unused, and destined for the dumpster). Hope this helps. It would be great if AG would sell these, as they are indestructable, and work very well.

Quattro3.2
04-14-2011, 08:23 PM
griots make a towel called the microfiber wipe down towel that is lint free. it is the only towel I use on windows. They are awesome, and pretty cheap. only like $10 for 12 towels.

mswerb
04-14-2011, 09:24 PM
I have tried alot of towels for cleaning glass(microfiber), and even the age old newspaper. By far the best towels I have ever used are surgical towels(called "huck" towels by some). They are used in hospitals for procedures, and are available from medical supply stores, or if you are lucky, someone who works for a hospital or such( only the ones that are unused, and destined for the dumpster). Hope this helps. It would be great if AG would sell these, as they are indestructable, and work very well.

I work for a linen rental company, and I know exactly what you are talking about. Strangely enough, I have never used these for windows. Gonna give it a try.

poweraid
04-14-2011, 10:12 PM
i have some mf towels that r really made for cleaning windows, glasses ... they r way less "plush" than a reg mf towels. i have seen these at local auto stores and such. i did too try to clean my windows with a reg mf towel and had the same problem, switched to these other mf towels and awesome

Executive Detail
04-14-2011, 10:27 PM

Funny you mention these. Huck towels are all I use (and have since I first started detailing) and get tons of compliments on how clean and streak-free the windows are. Even in the hot summer sun, these towels work remarkably well.

maximus20895
04-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Are these the Towels?

Amazon.com: Towels by Doctor Joe Lime Green 16" x 25" New Surgical Huck Towel, Pack of 12: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YCGLJK/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&psc=1)

You even get to pick your color!

rjgervacio
04-16-2011, 08:37 AM
griots make a towel called the microfiber wipe down towel that is lint free. it is the only towel I use on windows. They are awesome, and pretty cheap. only like $10 for 12 towels.

$10 for 12 towels??? Where? Where did you find this deal?

Ron Atchison
05-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Feed back please bump

dreamps
05-25-2011, 09:08 AM
2nd... these worth it to get for windows?

kkreit01
05-25-2011, 02:16 PM
I have this problem with my MFs as well. I went back to using an old t-shirt. These "huck" towels are interesting. We have one from a recent surgery my wife had. It's mine now!