PDA

View Full Version : Paint Cleaner Prep vs. Claybar Order

MrHandWash
04-14-2011, 03:44 PM
I was reading up on the IPA thread and this sparked a question that I want opinions from people about. Mike, your advice and order of process opinion would be greatly appreciated here as well.

I know that Paint Cleaner Prep- IPA/MS/Paint Cleaners/Pre-Wax and Strippers remove any old layers on the paint. I know it is arguable on which does the best job. My question here is this:

Q: In the instance that a customer has a highly abrasive surface with lots of contaimenants, the claybar is usually recommended to avoid marring and instill scratches/pigtail/squirrels, etc... by lifting those abrasive materials off the CC. Should it be a customer that is bringing their vehicle in after recently having it waxed/polished, should I Claybar so I don't run the risk of scratching?

Q: Or should I strip the old layer off after having washed the car using a surface prep and then claybar? My biggest concern here is: My Opinion: Claybar, then surface prep, correct?

Sorry if this question is a little off, just for a very high end car, I would like to know the order which would lead to no accidents. I ask this for the customer who might bring his 4 door limited edition Bentley Phantom series in which is $450,000. Our other guy waxes it from time-to-time... and the customer is religious about getting it done. He's due soon and I'd rather not mess anything up should he come in prior to the 3 month wait :xyxthumbs: