PDA

View Full Version : using Flex with MFDA ... why - why not?

fredcandetail
04-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Flex and GG arrived today along with a few CCS pads and the 6" MFDA cutting and finishing discs and ASD yesterday and boy o boy was i in heaven! Best Birthday present ever!

as always i did some fishing around here and saw a couple peeps mention that the FLEX and MFDA discs dont jive very well .... if it is a true DA on roids why wouldnt it work?

on a side note, I powered up the FLEX and just by the sound of the machine you can instantly tell the quality and engineering behind it and i was all smiles! CANT WAIT TO USE IT LATER TODAY!

Then I opened up the GG and HOLY! At speed one that sucka flies! I hope it doesnt marr the paint when im applying my LSP. Nonetheless a way more powerful machine than my G110 V2

05xrunner
04-14-2011, 09:15 AM
it works with the flex..its just so far everyone has said it just doesnt finish down as well compared to the DA's like the PC, GG ones.

skipper1
04-14-2011, 10:37 AM
I've been using MF polishing pads on my Flex. After priming, just 2 small pea size drops and I've been using speed 2 1/2. I think it does a great job.

First time I used it I was using way too much product. I have not tried the cutting pad on the Flex but will this weekend. I did use the 3" cutting pad on my brand new 6" Griots, did a great job, that's why I think the cutting pad will work on the Flex. Just gotta go slower than normal.