PDA

View Full Version : Simoniz Glass Coat

martykyj
04-13-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm not new to the forum but it took me forever to figure out how to post something. I just bought a new truck and the dealer talked me into having the Simoniz glass coat system put on the exterior of the truck and also something simular for the interior. It cost me $329. And they said it's garanteed for 7 years. I got a bad feeling about this and afraid to ask. But here it goes... Does anyone think this was worth it?

martykyj
04-13-2011, 09:12 PM
I may be in the wrong forum, any suggestions as to what forum to post my question?

RTexasF
04-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I requested that it be moved. Welcome.......

01GreyStangGT
04-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Usually that kind of stuff is a ripoff.

porta
04-16-2011, 03:01 AM
Usually that kind of stuff is a ripoff.

Simoniz Glass coat is not a bad product, its a typical glass coat from Japan. Similar tech as Cquartz and etc.

sydster
04-16-2011, 03:51 AM
Simoniz Glass coat is not a bad product, its a typical glass coat from Japan. Similar tech as Cquartz and etc.

Not that I like it or anything, did some research and I agree.
:iagree:

Bunky
04-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Not that I like it or anything, did some research and I agree.
:iagree:

I know people have trashed Simoniz and dealers that sold these sealants but maybe the technology has caught up with the hype with durable coatings that do last much longer.

BobbyG
04-16-2011, 06:24 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!

Personally, I know very little about it other than what I've read.

When buying a new car or truck the customer almost becomes numb regarding the various options, discounts, incentives, aftermarket products, "great offers". Compared to the actual cost of the vehicle $329 is a drop in the bucket and for all that protection, why not!

I don't think it's a bad idea or product but I'm skeptical of its clams and I DO NOT trust any car dealers...period. Do I think your money could have been better spent elsewhere? Yes, but that's water over the damn.

Another one of life's lessons....