PDA

View Full Version : Detailing in the winter months.....

thecatmac
01-02-2007, 03:20 PM
So will it make a difference on the overall appearance if you detail in a cold garage, say 40 degrees? Will you run into problems on the exterior?

Truls
01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Did some detailing yesterday in about 50f in the garage (didnt bother heating it up) and lets say: next time, ill heat. thats cold. when you breathe it kinda sticks too the car, and that is annoying. I have heard that it should be over 55-60f before detailing, but i dont know if you ruin anything by detailing in 40f, exept your fingers and nose.

D
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, Ive heard the same thing, should be over 50* or so.

Whitethunder46
01-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Ditto on the temp. This friday and sat. it's supposed to be high 50's so I think I'm going to give my PC a first time try. It's supposed to rain, so I'll have to pull it in the garage.

justin_murphy
01-02-2007, 03:47 PM
No Rinse washing is your friend!
Along with a friend that has a garage....

D
01-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Supposed to get up to high 60's Wednesday and Thursday here, so I might be able to get mine done. Its supposed to rain though. I guess I could technically wash the car, then do everything else in the garage.

Totoland Mach
01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... warmth/cool is as close as the thermostat!

It's the single one thing I've always disliked about driveway detailing for the past year's: Cold, heat, rain, etc, etc, etc.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/Totoland/BMW%20Detailing/BMW745i_PinnacleGlazed_ShopView.jpg

Fresh supply coming next week.

Toto

Gary Sword
01-02-2007, 08:21 PM
When I lived in Michigan I use to have a propane heater to heat my garage up a little if it was to cold. In Florida detail is not much of a problem.

Toto, Not eveyone has the ideal conditions to detail in that you do. I wish my garage looked like that.

Totoland Mach
01-02-2007, 09:14 PM
When I lived in Michigan I use to have a propane heater to heat my garage up a little if it was to cold. In Florida detail is not much of a problem.

Toto, Not eveyone has the ideal conditions to detail in that you do. I wish my garage looked like that.

Gary: you have that right! But, I used to detail in the winter and remember running my hands in hot water to get the feeling back. I truly appreciate this shop!

I wish my garage looked like the shop too! LOL

See Ya