PDA

View Full Version : The Official How Much Water Do You Use Thread Start to Finish

Pages : [1] 2

ShineTimeDetail
04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I've been reading threads lately and the question of how much water is used during a basic wash. No bucket fills just rinse to rinse w/ wheels. I use at least 10 gallons probably. I don't just wet the car I give it a good initial rinse then a good final rinse. Ive used a 2600 psi pressure washer set to the lowest setting. I have a 4k psi now but its low pressure less than any pressure washer ive ever used. It's resembles a mist almost on a lawn hose.

Let's hear them.

Midnight1700
04-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Well, you're probably not going to believe it but.......
We do our mobile washing with an average of 64 ounces of distilled water. In some cases, less. Our clients love the way their cars look when we're done and the fact there is no water/soap runoff.

Garry Dean
04-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I've been reading threads lately and the question of how much water is used during a basic wash. No bucket fills just rinse to rinse w/ wheels. I use at least 10 gallons probably. I don't just wet the car I give it a good initial rinse then a good final rinse. Ive used a 2600 psi pressure washer set to the lowest setting. I have a 4k psi now but its low pressure less than any pressure washer ive ever used. It's resembles a mist almost on a lawn hose.

Let's hear them.

Paint, wheels and all, it takes about 13-15 gallons to do a traditional wash without wasting much.

If you are doing an ONR wash you would use 2-3 gallons.

ShineTimeDetail
04-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Well, you're probably not going to believe it but.......
We do our mobile washing with an average of 64 ounces of distilled water. In some cases, less. Our clients love the way their cars look when we're done and the fact there is no water/soap runoff.

I'm not asking about waterless wash. I plan on doing waterless this year but I'm asking about traditional washes.

ALLN1WASH
04-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Lol, I just finished washing 6 vehicles, all sedans in fair condition. When I leftvtgr house this morning, I had 100g in my tank and now it's just below 40g. So I'm guessing I'm right @ 10 a car from start to finish.

Midnight1700
04-12-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm not asking about waterless wash. I plan on doing waterless this year but I'm asking about traditional washes.

Around here, people really frown on seeing water/soap running on the ground. Many of the cities we go into have very strick rules/laws regarding runoff. I haven't done a full traditional wash in over a year. Haven't needed to I guess.

Joe@Superior Shine
04-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Not a drop (most of the time). We are 99% waterless. When we do waterless we use about 4-8 oz of solution per vehicle.

On the rare occasion that we get wet and wild we average about 6 to 8 gallons per vehicle. Of course we use less on small cars and a little more on full size SUVs, etc...

Shawn T.
04-12-2011, 05:23 PM
About 2 gallons.

ShineTimeDetail
04-12-2011, 06:15 PM
About 2 gallons.

You use 2 gallons of water for a traditional wash?

Shawn T.
04-12-2011, 06:57 PM
You use 2 gallons of water for a traditional wash?

I use a rinseless wash which requires 1 gallon of water and 1 oz/product.

I use one gallon for the paint and then another gallon for the wheels.

CleanGene
04-12-2011, 07:12 PM
I average about six gallons. That's enough to foam and rinse a dirty mid to full size car prior to an ONR bath and about half that if the foam pre-soak is not needed.

Flash Gordon
04-12-2011, 07:48 PM
1,000 gallons per vehicle

ShineTimeDetail
04-12-2011, 08:10 PM
1,000 gallons per vehicle

That sounds about right. lol what's Ur water bill? I use my neighbours water.

Bunky
04-13-2011, 06:07 PM
The car wash industry propaganda says people use up to 55 gallons of water when selling the idea to local governments why the car wash business should be allowed to wash cars during droughts.

Showroom Shine
04-14-2011, 06:29 AM
I have a few ways to do it. I have the waterless product, Dri Wash N Guard. Optimun No Rinse, ONR. I also have a Nomad Pressure Washer.The later requiring the most water, because of rinsing! What method I use,depends on the size of the jobs booked for appointment. I have not put the water tank and gas Pressure Washer back in the truck for for this seasons detailing.