PDA

View Full Version : Dropped A Polishing Pad And A Microfiber Towel

Marc08EX
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Hey everyone,

On one of my recent details, I accidentally dropped a LC black finishing pad on the floor while washing it. It was wet so it could have picked up more dirt as opposed to dropping it when it's dry. Do you guys think it's still safe to use after putting it through the a wash cycle? I'm currently soaking it in water for 24 hours and brushing the pad occassionally.

How about microfiber towels? Will you toss a plush microfiber when you drop it on the floor? Or will you just wash it through the washer and assume it'll come out grit free?

Thanks for your inputs!

Flash Gordon
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey everyone,

On one of my recent details, I accidentally dropped a LC black finishing pad on the floor while washing it. It was wet so it could have picked up more dirt as opposed to dropping it when it's dry. Do you guys think it's still safe to use after putting it through the a wash cycle? I'm currently soaking it in water for 24 hours and brushing the pad occassionally.

How about microfiber towels? Will you toss a plush microfiber when you drop it on the floor? Or will you just wash it through the washer and assume it'll come out grit free?

Thanks for your inputs!

Depends on the area in which I dropped it

Generally speaking though, if I'm going to be wiping paint; I ain't takiin no chances

Sounds like you hate washing these things too...lol

DLB
04-11-2011, 03:54 PM
I think the pad will be fine after the wash cycle and cleaning it good. The pads don't have the same "clingy" properties as MF.

Microfibers however, if I drop one, it goes to the standard duty pile most likely. Even with a clean garage floor, I have seen MF hold on to fine particles after several washes.

DLB

timaishu
04-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Id let it dry and then pick out the contaminents (dirt specks, sticks etc) and then wash it. Thats what I do.

Crazy Amos
04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
I think the pad will be fine after the wash cycle and cleaning it good. The pads don't have the same "clingy" properties as MF.

Microfibers however, if I drop one, it goes to the standard duty pile most likely. Even with a clean garage floor, I have seen MF hold on to fine particles after several washes.

DLB

I agree