PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About Changing My Comp Name & Going From Enclosed to an Open Trailer

ShineTimeDetail
04-11-2011, 01:43 PM
So I'm contenplating changing my company name. For the past 2 years I have used the name "Shine Time Full Mobile Auto Detail". The reason I want to change it is bc I have seen others using the name (Not Legit although there is a company I think in NC its a car wash) Any ways I feel its kind of ghetto and I dont feel comfortable when I call someone back and I say this it Tom with Shine Time--I was more comfortable last year than the year before but still I dont like it lol Hey maybe it will get better.
I want to maybe change it to T.R. Details (My initiails) or A.R.Detailing(Anal retentive LOL) Or I have a few others in mind. Would it be a bad Idea?

Also I'm considering going back to my open trailer instead of my 4x6 enclosed. Reason for this is its much easier to pull stuff off the open trailer and everything is so jammed in it. I know since its easier for me to pull stuff off the trailer its easier for someone else to. I will obviously use a thick chain to lock everything up. Main reason is I want to is bc it weighs prob half of what my encloed weighs. Also I have to worry about making sure the door is propt open all the time and I am consantly holding my breath in there bc of all the fumes, even when I havent used it since the day before.

Open to all suggestions. I plan on selling the trailer for new equipment like either a steam cleaner or a carpet extractor. I also hope to have a van by summer to use instead of my car.

Belair
04-11-2011, 09:41 PM
My 2 quid: What's in a name? Sometimes everything sometimes nothing, most times just a point of reference for a customer to look in a phone book. Personally I don't like initials, too anonymous it seems & too easy to forget. Hey honey, was that guy TR or AR or RT or what? "Shine Time"? No better nor worse than others I've seen. IMO if you have a repeat clientele that knows you by that name, I'd stay with it. (I don't see the 'ghetto' part. Are you thinking it's like for a shoe shine shop in the 'hood or what?)

ShineTimeDetail
04-11-2011, 09:45 PM
(I don't see the 'ghetto' part. Are you thinking it's like for a shoe shine shop in the 'hood or what?)

Lol that's it. But I think I'm going to keep it. It's like once I get something out in black white as I did earlier I realize my answer!

sullysdetailing
04-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Why dont you shorten it to Shine Time Detailing

TL type S
04-13-2011, 12:28 PM

:dblthumb2:

ShineTimeDetail
04-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Well its tech. just "Shine Time". I include full mobile auto detail and wash so people know what "Shine Time" means.

Jons6.7
04-14-2011, 03:06 PM

:iagree:

and really I bet your only a partially mobile detailer, otherwise I am no the road doing 25 and need it done before I get to the office. LOL ok lame but I had to say it, one of those days.

ShineTimeDetail
04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
You think I'm only partially mobile? What's that mean?