PDA

View Full Version : A Shout-out To CEE DOG And His UTTG

HeavyMetal
04-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Cee Dog,

Thanks again for recommending UTTG. That stuff is amazing. Worked EXACTLY the way you said it would. And I only used DROPS of the product, just like you said. I did the black trim and under the hood on my RAV4. I don't think it looked that good brand new! I ran out of time last nite, but I'm gonna do the door seals tonite. Only thing I would change about it is the humongous applicator pad. I think that baby just sucks up too much product. It seems to reease it OK, but I want to try a smaller, thinner pad. Hopefully use even less product and be able to squeeze into some tighter places.

BTW, the RAV4 has a deep molded grill. I used a boar's hair paint brush to get coating in the recesses. Worked great.

I'll def be using this for the tires too on my wife's Lexus. The RAV can "make do" with the DP Tire Gel (a really great product but not quite as deep as the UTTG).

Meghan
04-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Corey wont let you down, the man knows his car care!

CEE DOG
04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Cee Dog,

Thanks again for recommending UTTG. That stuff is amazing. Worked EXACTLY the way you said it would. And I only used DROPS of the product, just like you said. I did the black trim and under the hood on my RAV4. I don't think it looked that good brand new! I ran out of time last nite, but I'm gonna do the door seals tonite. Only thing I would change about it is the humongous applicator pad. I think that baby just sucks up too much product. It seems to reease it OK, but I want to try a smaller, thinner pad. Hopefully use even less product and be able to squeeze into some tighter places.

BTW, the RAV4 has a deep molded grill. I used a boar's hair paint brush to get coating in the recesses. Worked great.

I'll def be using this for the tires too on my wife's Lexus. The RAV can "make do" with the DP Tire Gel (a really great product but not quite as deep as the UTTG).

Thank you Heavy Metal! I think it is my favorite of all products I use. I'm really happy to hear it didn't let you down. LOL on the size of the applicator. It can be cumbersome sometimes.

Funny story, we were at DetailFest and Adam finally decided to try it out so he unscrews the bottle and pours some onto his trim... I said "What are you doing!) LOL he starts wiping it in and I said "Adam, you are using the wrong side of the applicator!" (He was using the grey side.) Anyway Adam and Pat and a couple other guys all looked at me like I was nutty and said "You use the blue side?" LOL, it suddenly made perfect sense to me but all this time I'd been using the wrong side. It was perfectly obvious once I thought about it so I had to blame my hair color. Duh!

Oh, on the tires it lasts a long time but you will likely get a matte finish. You can try adding another coat later for a bit more gloss. I love how the tires stay clean looking for a long time when I use it. I wouldn't put it on really aged tires though.

Try it on chrome as well. Just buff it off afterwards.

Corey wont let you down, the man knows his car care!

Thank you Meghan! :o

HeavyMetal
04-11-2011, 11:58 AM
"You use the blue side?" LOL, it suddenly made perfect sense to me but all this time I'd been using the wrong side. It was perfectly obvious once I thought about it so I had to blame my hair color. Duh!

Dude, I would never have admitted to that :D! You shoulda made up some BS story that the blue side absorbs less product, blah, blah, blah. Never let 'em see you sweat, brother. Im the MAN

The only place I don't like it so far is on the vinyl tape trim around the windows. Any ideas there? I was gonna try the Menz PL.

Doesn't seem to cure, just sits there greasy. OTOH, the engine compartment looks awesome. I even used it on some of the painted metal. Does a really good job like you said. No need to use multiple products for the engine. Ya gotta love that.

I like a matte finish on the tires, that's why I took Bobby G's recommend for DP Tire Gel. I think UTTG is a little deep than DP so it'll be perfect for the Lexus.

CEE DOG
04-11-2011, 12:44 PM
The only place I don't like it so far is on the vinyl tape trim around the windows. Any ideas there?

Doesn't seem to cure, just sits there greasy. OTOH, the engine compartment looks awesome.

LOL, yeah I'm not much of a bs'er...

Do I ever! I know exactly what you mean. This material along the window is non-porous so the UTTG must be buffed off just like metal etc.
I have found that even if you leave it on the surface and don't buff it off even though it isn't dry it still wont run from the water. I like to put it on those non-porous seals as thin as possible and just leave it for as long as possible. Then whenever you can come back and buff it off. If you touch it after that and can see a fingerprint just give it another buffing and you should be in fine shape for months.
Only dowside to leaving it on for a day is some dust can stick to it but it will come right up when buffed. Don't ask me why I like to leave it on a long time. I just think it revitalizes the seal a little. On a car that lives outside or one I'm working on that has to be returned I would buff it off after I was done with everything else or at the end of the day.

Another product that is incredible for seals and weatherstrips is DG 531... That product has a bit of a special application to get its true benefits.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-11-2011, 02:38 PM
I hope Ultima improves UTTG's darkening ability at some point. On trim that's not too faded, UTTG is the bomb!! I LOVE it's duarbility!

richy
04-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Corey was kind enough to send me a sample when I was asking him about it. I used it on the front trim of the GT-R I am working on as well as the front wheel wells. Looks amazing!! Oh, and also the wiper cowl. I used a foam applicator brush to apply it....that worked fine.

sohail99
04-11-2011, 08:37 PM
UTTG is a freakin miracle product!!!

The best thing about it is that its clear/dries clear. So even if you miss buffing a spot, or it gets into cracks and crevices, it doesn't show! :D(mostly when used on alloys!)

I'll try to seal my dad's car with it lol!

Thanks Corey for advising me to use it on the alloys

dad07
04-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I hope Ultima improves UTTG's darkening ability at some point. On trim that's not too faded, UTTG is the bomb!! I LOVE it's duarbility!

:iagree: And Thanks Corey!

HeavyMetal
04-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Do I ever! I know exactly what you mean. This material along the window is non-porous so the UTTG must be buffed off just like metal etc.

Corey, I tried the buffing. Works Just like you said. It's pouring down rain here in PA, again :mad:, so the UTTG will get a good test. Thanks again for sharing your experience with this product. I wouldn't have tried half the stuff I did with out someone like you being will to be a guinea pig.

BTW, name's Craig.

Best, Craig

PAR Detailing
04-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Ya I think Corey should take care of everyones next AG bill since it is his fault we have the bill in the first place :poke:

I love all of my ultima products Paint, Interior, and Trim. Everything is so easy to use and works very well.

HeavyMetal
04-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Ya I think Corey should take care of everyones next AG bill since it is his fault we have the bill in the first place.

Great idea. Hey Meghan, in addition to BOGO Friday can we have a Buy Ultima, Bill It To CEE DOG Thursday? PAR and I should go first since we thought it up. Corey, I suggest you get a second job, bro Im the MAN

CEE DOG
04-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Ya I think Corey should take care of everyones next AG bill since it is his fault we have the bill in the first place :poke:

I love all of my ultima products Paint, Interior, and Trim. Everything is so easy to use and works very well.

Great idea. Hey Meghan, in addition to BOGO Friday can we have a Buy Ultima, Bill It To CEE DOG Thursday? PAR and I should go first since we thought it up. Corey, I suggest you get a second job, bro Im the MAN

You guys are hilarious!! :laughing: :laughing: Looks like I better get another job

Pats300zx
04-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I heard Ultima was thinking of renaming the product after Corey :)

BobbyG
04-20-2011, 09:28 AM
After using Ultima Trim & Tire Guard and Ultima Paint Guard Plus I can tell you I'm very impressed with both products. Surprisingly, very little product is needed and it goes a long way.

This stuff works so well I have to ask myself why I'm using all these other products? :laughing:

I used it this past weekend and did a little writeup, nothing like Corey's but nevertheless some information supporting everyones opinions..