PDA

View Full Version : Who's using polycharger

WEST SIDE
04-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Do you feel that it's worth adding to non poly charged products.I just used the H2o polycharger to some KSG and it got me thinking.

ScottB
04-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Four Star is polycharged, so is Ultima line. I did mixing in past with nice results its kinda cool.

HeavyMetal
04-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Unless Menz comes out and says it's OK to use with their Powerlock, I'm not gonna experiment with adding unknown chemicals to someone else's product. It's just not a good practice.

C. Charles Hahn
04-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Unless Menz comes out and says it's OK to use with their Powerlock, I'm not gonna experiment with adding unknown chemicals to someone else's product. It's just not a good practice.

:iagree: :props:

Old Tiger
04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I like the H2O PC. I like adding to QD's making them essentially a spray sealant. D also add to DP TG, DG 531 and other H2O based products. Difference with some is significant, both durability & slickness. fk425STANDS OUT NOTABLY, Only do 4 Oz until you test and then make more. No breakdown with PC H2O. It is half price on AG now.

CEE DOG
04-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I like the H2O PC. I like adding to QD's making them essentially a spray sealant. D also add to DP TG, DG 531 and other H2O based products. Difference with some is significant, both durability & slickness. fk425STANDS OUT NOTABLY, Only do 4 Oz until you test and then make more. No breakdown with PC H2O. It is half price on AG now.

Half price? I might have to snap some up shortly. Im the MAN

You know I'm a huge polycharger fan.

Old Tiger
04-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Half price? I might have to snap some up shortly. Im the MAN

You know I'm a huge polycharger fan.

The only bigger fan than me that I know! Also the first to do a blind test of boosted DP TG V2.

CEE DOG
04-12-2011, 01:41 PM
The only bigger fan than me that I know! Also the first to do a blind test of boosted DP TG V2.

Thanks to you! :dblthumb2:

WEST SIDE
04-14-2011, 12:48 AM

Is it true that when mixed with a detail spray that there is no worry about shelf life?
I know when mixing sealants or waxes you have to discard after 48 hours.

Rsurfer
04-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Is it true that when mixed with a detail spray that there is no worry about shelf life?
I know when mixing sealants or waxes you have to discard after 48 hours.
Isn't Ultima's UPGP and Blackfire Sealant Polycharged?

sydster
04-14-2011, 05:51 AM
Isn't Ultima's UPGP and Blackfire Sealant Polycharged?

Exactly what I'm thinking, how's the self life for those products?

Tom Weed
04-14-2011, 08:07 AM
I've been using the H2O additive on detail sprays for a couple of years now, in 32oz. spray bottles, the shelf life is fine. I had a couple of sprayers that clogged up and maybe I added too much, but the last time I Polycharged FK425 it tended to be a little streaky, probably more so than just the Fk425 itself.

05RLS2
04-17-2011, 12:28 AM
I use the CH2 and love it. IMO it really makes an improvement in the durability of LSPs

Bunky
04-17-2011, 06:20 AM
I use the CH2 and love it. IMO it really makes an improvement in the durability of LSPs

I have used the CH2 two times and it definitely improved the durability.

It also changed the application characteristics. One mixed, the sealant was almost gelish and worked more like a wipe on / wipe off type product. You just seem to wipe it down but there is really no haze to remove. It did seem to add a very slight yellowish tint to the paint.

I talked to Sam (owns Premium Finish Care) and he had suggested backing off the dosage a tad to give it a bit more time to haze if I was not happy with the application.