PDA

View Full Version : Freaking water dripping when polishing/waxing!

Luke
01-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Whats the beste way to not let water drip when polishing or waxing? Just cary around a MF with you? Does this happen to everyone? Thanks in advance

ryandamartini
01-02-2007, 10:36 AM
after you wash, dry and dry some more, dry door jams and weather seals on the doors.

Surfer
01-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Electric Leaf Blower, if I don't use it I'll have to go over my truck 5 or 6 times to ge the water that will continuously drip from the windows seals and nooks and crannies. Blows water out of all the crevices. Cars don't seem to be too bad in that regard, but our suvs' will drip and drip and drip etc.

Luke
01-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Does it matter if water gets in the polish or wax? There is an electric leaf blower? I thought there were only gas ones that are SUPER loud.

JeffW
01-02-2007, 10:58 AM
I carry a MF around with me and dabble as I need to. I typically will wait about an hour after I wash to let as much dripping occur before polishing or applying an LSP.

However, since I just became a big proponent of DP 4-in-1 to do rinseless washes there isn't the dripping happening as there typically is with a hose wash.

CalgaryDetail
01-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Just carry around a clean mf, as well as once you wash the car then dry it. Let it site for a few minutes. Some of the water will come out, not all but some will and it wll help when you go to polish or wax.

Luke
01-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Here is a tip for all. If you have HUGE bass in your car, use it for a few seconds, water will drip from places. Close all your doors with a little more force than usual, and more water will drip. I just tried both of these methods. I like the bass one though. :D :D :D

Truls
01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
How about turning green and just lift and shake the car decent, just remember to get back to normal before detailng, you dont want to push the PC through the car.

arrrrgh, HULK angry, HULK dont like Turtle, HULK destroy machine washers with brushes, HULK destroy red EVO, HULK cant hold red Evo, red Evo to glossy and sleek after detailing. HULK must run, angry red Evo owner comes with PC and XMT 3 on Megs 7006 pads, will rub HULK white.

eeehh, sorry Im just a kid u know.

pt91
01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Metro Air Force Blaster (http://www.autogeek.net/metairforbla.html).
I use it every time I wash to get the majority of the water off the vehicle and out of all the nooks that hold water. I follow with a guzzler.

ScottB
01-02-2007, 04:14 PM
using a leaf blower helps ... but sometimes you gotta deal with the occasional drip.

D
01-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Electric leaf blower over the whole car before i start polishing.

supercharged
01-03-2007, 02:52 AM
When I dry, I always dry all rubber seals, and door jambs. Then I open a trucnk lid, and try all rubber seals there as well.

Luke
01-03-2007, 03:20 AM
electric leaf blowers? i thought they only made gas. Feed back please

supercharged
01-03-2007, 04:51 AM
electric leaf blowers? i thought they only made gas. Feed back please
Yes, they make electric leaf blower. You don't want to use gas leaf blowers on paint, as it may leave that "gas film" on your paint.